|Date Posted||May 22, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||12|
MOL Group is an independent and international oil and gas company, headquartered in Budapest, Hungary. It is active in over 40 countries with a dynamic international workforce
of 26,000 people and a track record of more than 100 years in the industry.
MOL Group has over 75 years of experience in exploration and production. Its diverse portfolio includes oil and gas exploration and production assets in 14 countries, with production activity in 8 countries. MOL Group is committed to doing business responsibly and sustainably, supporting communities and striving to meet the best possible health, safety and security standards wherever it operates.
Scope of the position
The Senior Reservoir Geologist is expected to be a technical leader within the Group’s Development Geoscience job family specifically in development geology studies and geomodeling.
Utilizes sound geological principals and interpersonal skills to collaborate within a multi-functional team to develop 3D geocellular reservoir models for evaluating, optimizing and recommending reservoir development plans, and for input to reservoir simulation projects.
- Responsible for supporting the Subsurface study teams, and for delivering Reservoir Geology with special emphasis on geomodeling solutions to the Company
- Provides Geomodeling expertise by reviewing geological models, integration of other Functional input, workflows, uncertainty analysis, volumetric estimations, upscaling and defines standards for deterministic and stochastic geocellular modeling techniques.
- Assist in drafting subsurface sections of Field Development Plans
- Assist in leading yearly internal reserve assessments in compliance with SPE guidelines & PRMS including coordination of the process with the CEE and International Business Units
- Acts as a technical expert and mentor for less experienced staff, and assist in assuring Development Geoscience excellence and best practices
- Masters Degree with knowledge of reservoir geology/engineering/petrophysics
- Preferably international experience
- Minimum 12 years relevant experience in geological modeling, Field Development, and/or Reservoir studies and operations
- Experience with stage gate processes, development studies, field development plans (FDPs), and reserve management systems
- Super user of geological modeling tools like Petrel, RMS, Geographix, and MS Office
- An effective team player with drive, initiative, integrity, multi-cultural experience, and excellent communication.
- English – Advanced (C1 – proficient user)