|Date Posted||July 29, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
SENIOR RESERVOIR ENGINEER / Reserves (4 positions)
Qatar / 3 Year Residential Project
Undertake reservoir engineering studies of the oilfields to optimize field development plans. Analyze reservoir and well performance data and develop reservoir surveillance programs. Conduct reservoir management activities. Participate in interdisciplinary reservoir study teams. Prepare detailed/integrated development plans for underdeveloped hydrocarbon resources. Develop and mentor less experienced staff
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience in reservoir engineering activities emphasizing large carbonate reservoirs.
- Significant experience working on mature oil fields under water flood.
- Strong background in reservoir surveillance and optimization.
- Experience in reservoir fluid sampling, fluid property modelling, routine and special core analysis.
- Strong background in well test interpretation, material balance modelling and performance modelling of vertical and horizontal wells.
- Experience in reserves evaluation, classification, and booking.
- Must have strong teamwork skills, and it would be an advantage to have experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff, and management.
- Must have experience mentoring less experienced engineers.
- Must have experience/knowledge of current computer software for reservoir engineering applications.
- B.Sc. is required in petroleum engineering, chemical engineering, or mechanical engineering.
- Experience in numerical reservoir simulation in using of Eclipse100 and 300 in particular, history matching and field development.
- Experience in EOR techniques such as miscible/ immiscible and CO2 injection.
- Experience in applying reservoir knowledge and skills to assess field compartmentalization issues and problems.
- Working knowledge of gas condensate reservoir as well as gas field development experience.
RPS/Knowledge Reservoir is a leading engineering and geoscience consulting firm serving the global oil and gas industry. With a seasoned staff of veteran engineers and geoscientists -many having over 25 years of relevant upstream expertise -- we deliver project services, studies and resources to major, independent and national oil companies worldwide. We exist to aid our clients in the exploration, development and production of hydrocarbons in a smart, sustainable and profitable manner.