|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||February 16, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||7|
The Senior Reservoir Engineering Technician works independently on Budgeting/Planning, Reserves or Business Development projects and provides support to the reservoir engineers. They must have a good understanding of the processes and possess the ability to critically think about the tasks involved to bring the job to completion. This person will sometimes assume a lead role in projects where they will work with technicians, engineers and others.
Budget responsibilities – Model Aries forecasts using appropriate coding, timing and economic inputs. Coordinate with engineers to ensure correctness. Prepare cashflows, spreadsheets and graphs for use in analyzing the proposed forecast. Provide final data to finance, operations and accounting.
Reserves – Work with reservoir engineers to update reserve forecasts, timing, categories and economic inputs in Aries. Gather updated economic or interest updates. Load updates and provide information to determine correctness. Create SOX documents and work with Internal Audit and public auditor during testing.
Business Development – Assist in evaluation of potential property acquisitions or divestitures by providing support to the engineers and creating Aries cashflows and oneline data for analysis. Integrate new acquisitions in Aries DB, capture original acquisition DB and economics in archive for future analysis. Remove Divestitures and archive economics.
Knowledge & Skills:
The Sr. Reservoir Engineering Technician should have the following qualifications:
- Analytical, critical thinker – must possess the ability to critically think about their tasks and how it fits into overall picture
- Aries knowledge, understanding of oil and gas economics
- Ability to multi-task
- Team player, desire to work with engineers, technicians, accountants, regulatory
- Database skills, competent in Access queries, etc.
- Ability to provide data solutions through use of Excel
- Knowledge of managing an Aries DB on SQL platform (optional)
- Merrick, Wellview, Petra Spotfire experience a plus.
Minimum high school graduate, College degree is a plus
7+ years as engineering technician or similar experience in other oil and gas positions
Bill Barrett Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.