|Date Posted||August 27, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||25|
The Houston-based position reports to the Chief Reservoir Engineer and will provide reservoir simulation and reservoir engineering support to Hess’ Global E&P Organization. The position requires experience in advanced reservoir simulation, including history matching, classical reservoir engineering methods, and uncertainty/decision analysis.
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert in Reservoir Simulation of Enhanced Oil Recovery processes, primarily gas injection and water flooding.
- Champion the use of “fit-for-purpose” tools and techniques to conduct the reservoir engineering evaluations.
- Perform and/or provide expert coaching to the asset engineers in conducting the appropriate reservoir performance evaluation and prediction studies. This could range from using analytic techniques to conducting advanced reservoir simulation studies
- Enforce high quality standards for managing reservoir engineering data and field models, ensuring consistency with local and global Hess guidelines.
- Manage Competency for Uncertainty Analysis.
- Participate in Discipline Centric Peer Reviews, Technical Assurance Reviews and Value Assurance Reviews on as needed basis
- Support Reserves evaluations as necessary.
- Expert level of reservoir simulation knowledge (esp. Eclipse), and ability to provide training, consulting and mentoring to the asset engineers Capable of performing complex simulation studies, using advanced modeling techniques. Experience with multiple modeling tools required.
- Experience with modeling and application of Miscible Gas Injection and Waterflooding (history match and predictions)
- Skilled in application of classical reservoir engineering methods (e.g., material balance) and able to identify situations where simulation may or may not be required.
- Basic understanding of all subsurface issues with functional understanding of geology, geophysics and reservoir and fluid characterization issues and how they relate to reservoir performance and development planning.
- Prefer experience with unconventional reservoirs (tight oil and/or tight gas) but not a must.
- Persuasive and confident presentation and communication skills. Confident in representing the team and the company at internal and external technical and operational meetings.
- Track record of successfully coaching and mentoring junior staff and transferring of knowledge to the organization as a whole.
HESS LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Make Quality Decisions - Ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience and judgment.
- Drive Continuous Improvement - Strong ability to determine, apply and improve upon reservoir engineering processes as necessary. Capable of problem solving and always looking for efficient operational solutions.
- Demonstrate Courage - Communication skills that include the ability to constructively challenge and provide critical feedback
- Create Effective Teams & Build Trusted Partnerships - Able to work proactively in a team environment, and share contributions and success as a “team”.
- Deliver High Performance - Can be counted on to consistently exceed goals and expectations.
- Minimum of 25 years’ experience in reservoir engineering preferably with an operating oil company.
- Master’s or Bachelor of Science / Engineering degree in Petroleum Engineering or closely related discipline acceptable in combination with directly related experience.
Hess is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading global independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have a world-class portfolio of assets with industry-leading margins and visible growth in areas where we have proven technical capabilities: Asia Pacific, the Gulf of Mexico, the North Sea, onshore U.S. and the West Africa conjugate margin. We are a leader in the production of shale oil and gas, and one of the largest operators in the Bakken formation, North Dakota. We are also known for our expertise in the development and production of projects in deep water offshore.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website