|Date Posted||July 27, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Unique Opportunity to work with a leading international and established E&P operator to lead and facilitate in bringing one of the worlds deepest and commercially viable wells into production. Very lucrative compensation packages available for the right candidate
Leading international E&P transforming from an integrated oil and gas company with downstream operations into a focused, higher growth, lower risk, pure-play E&P company. When the announced divestitures are completed, we will become a leading global independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
Operating primarily in five major areas of the world where we have extensive knowledge and experience: Gulf of Mexico, North Sea, West Africa, Southeast Asia and onshore U.S. In America is a leader in shale oil and gas production and one of the largest operators in the Bakken formation, North Dakota.
Currently aiming to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. Seeking smart people who are innovative, share mutual values and want to make a meaningful difference in the world and in their careers.
The Houston-based position reports to the Stampede Developments Subsurface Manager and will provide reservoir simulation engineering support to the Stampede subsurface team (Developments Value Chain). The position requires experience in classical reservoir engineering methods, economics, reservoir fluid & rock characterization, uncertainty analysis, reserves evaluation and extensive experience in reservoir simulation. The incumbent will be part of a multi-disciplinary team seeking to optimize the field development plan for Stampede.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Construct and update reservoir simulation models (Eclipse) to assist with field development planning, ongoing reservoir management, and preparation of long term production forecasts Within simulation models incorporate the full range of static and dynamic uncertainties to bracket production rates, recoveries and development options (through use of ENABLE or other)
- Take the lead role in preparing field development plans, including documentation and presentation of those plans to Hess management and Joint Venture partners as appropriate.
- Participate in the annual reserves process, including allocating current and future volumes using the Hess P1-P6 system.
- Provide one-on-one mentoring to less-experienced reservoir engineers with emphasis on the application of reservoir simulation.
- Ensure high quality standards for managing reservoir engineering data and field models, ensuring consistency with local and global Hess guidelines.
- Conduct/participate in appropriate Peer Reviews and complete required internal technical corporate reviews.
- Strong reservoir engineering skills, sufficient to deliver input to simulation models that adequately characterize the reservoir and fluids, define the reserves distribution accurately and enable the generation of robust field development plans.
- 15+ years of reservoir engineering experience with a significant emphasis on reservoir simulation and uncertainty analysis
- Good understanding of all subsurface issues with functional understanding of geology, geophysics and reservoir and fluid
characterization issues and how they relate to reservoir performance and development planning.
- Experience in field development planning and economic evaluation.
- Good presentation and communication skills and confident in representing the team and the company at internal and external
technical and operational meetings.
- Positive attitude and proactive team worker. Capable of problem solving and always looking for efficient operational solutions.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and collaborate fully as part of a multi-disciplined team. Able to work to tight deadlines and effective at multi-tasking.
- Mentoring of more junior staff and transferring of knowledge to the organization as a whole.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), economic software (PEEP), Monte Carlo software (Crystal Ball) and engineering software (for example: Eclipse, ENABLE, Prosper, MBal, GAP, PVTSIM or PVTi, Kappa, Sapphir, Topaz, Diamante, PI Process Book, OFM and GIC)
Location: North America
Job ID: HQ00009986
Job Type: Permanent