|Date Posted||January 25, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Date: Jan 24, 2017
Ecopetrol America Inc. (EAI) is a subsidiary of Ecopetrol S.A., the national oil company of the Republic of Colombia, incorporated under the laws of the State of Delaware since October 9, 2007.
Ecopetrol America is responsible for the exploration and production of hydrocarbons in North America contributing to the corporate goals set by the Ecopetrol Business Group in its 2020 Strategic Plan. EAI is also consolidating the procurement of goods and services for the Ecopetrol Business Group in the United States.
By 2020, Ecopetrol America will become one of the top companies (based on reserves) operating in the deep-water Gulf of Mexico and will be recognized as a competitive, socially and environmentally responsible company with world-class employees.
Our offices are centrally located in Houston, Texas, in The Williams Tower, an iconic landmark in the Galleria area. In a modern working environment, EAI houses a diverse team of enthusiastic professionals of various nationalities and disciplines, committed to accomplishing the company’s goals.
Job Title: Senior Reservoir Engineer
Department: Global Exploration , GoM
Supervisor: Exploration Manager, US GoM
Location: Houston, TX
Review Date: January 2017
The incumbent is an experienced professional, providing technical contribution and adding value in all aspects of reservoir engineering. He or she is capable of providing expert assistance in assessing new and existing prospects, discoveries and fields, and strategizing with the associated teams on characterization of exploration plays, prospects and leads for optimized investment commitments and planning. This individual leads the contingent resource progression processes for Ecopetrol America, and develops and maintains production forecasts in collaboration with the exploration team. Development planning support will be a primary responsibility.
These activities are in support of the strategic initiative to safely, responsibly, and profitably grow resource and eventual conversion of such to produceable reserves by advancement from full cycle of exploration and pre-development process to transfer over development and production in the US offshore Gulf of Mexico and other identified areas of focus.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide reservoir engineering expertise in the maturation of portfolio prospects and new business opportunities (e.g., lease sales, joint ventures, rationalized portfolio valuations, etc.) that maximize the value of the offshore portfolio and support corporate goals and objectives.
- Resource processes, projected production forecasting and production profiles generation.
- Perform reservoir characterization including basic log analysis, well test interpretation (PTA), PVT and SCAL analysis.
- Analyze well performance surveillance and accurate production forecasting utilizing classic reservoir engineering methods and/or reservoir simulation.
- Lead the corporate contingent resource process and the progression of resources and reserves in Gulf of Mexico offshore assets from discovery and appraisal.
- Participate in peer reviews of exploration risk and resource estimation processes; ensure internal processes are adhered to in conducting evaluations.
- Support Exploration with development planning expertise for lease sale and farm-in evaluations as assigned.
- Actively collaborate with partners on non-operated assets in well planning, resource estimation, pre-development, and production forecasting .
- Actively support HSE procedures and display leadership in building safety culture
- Actively coordinate with Exploration to assure coordinated processes for all levels of timelines and planning
- Understand and assure compliance with all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements
- Apply systematic processes to manage risk in all areas of responsibility
- Manage intellectual property, information and knowledge in compliance with company policies
- Maintain awareness and assure compliance with Joint Venture and other contractual agreements
- Assure appropriate control and reporting of activities and work plans in areas of responsibility
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a US, Canadian, UK or other internationally recognized university. Masters and/or PhD preferred.
Language Ability :
Fluent English language
Computer Skills :
Proficient in MS Office applications
Overall Experience Requirement :
- 10 years reservoir engineering experience applicable to deepwater offshore development & production
- 7 years E&P direct employment that includes resource analysis, production forecasting, exploration planning, exploration economics, and involvement in development major capital projects
Ecopetrol America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Ecopetrol America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which it has facilities. This Equal Opportunity Employer policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.