|Location||Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago|
|Date Posted||December 23, 2016|
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We’re looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavor to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.Job Description
The post holder is responsible primarily for executing Reservoir Engineering work and providing Petroleum Engineering expertise to wells, reservoir, facilities management of the East Coast Marine Area (ECMA) fields, business planning & reserves management for ECMA asset. The ongoing growth projects in ECMA also offers a unique opportunity to be involved with a field development experience involving multi scale opportunities being tied back to a hub platform within the next 3-4 years.
In addition to the above, the position holder will have: 1) direct staff reporting accountability for a team of petroleum engineers, 2) oversight & leadership of subsurface support to wells, reservoir management, business planning and 3) reserves management for both ECMA & NCMA asset including driving integration and ensuring consistency of process across assets.
The key elements of the post are as follows:
- Provide visible and demonstrable HSSE leadership.
- Consideration of HSSE in every aspect of the job, including building safety into design and caring for themselves and those around them
- Responsible for overall oversight and leadership of subsurface support to Well & Reservoir Management (WRFM) activities, business planning and reserves management for both ECMA & NCMA assets.
- Provide comprehensive Reservoir engineering expertise to the WRFM activities for all fields in the ECMA asset, including development & maintenance of WRFM plan for the ECMA Asset.
- Use expertise to design and ensure delivery of effective reservoir engineering practices (e.g. PVT, SCAL, Well testing, Production forecasting, Reservoir Surveillance, Material balance, Reservoir simulation, Reserves estimation) to support all ECMA asset production & WRFM activities.
- Ensure timely and effective data acquisition and analysis of well/reservoir data using standard workflows, storage and analysis applications ( e.g. well test data, PVT, SCAL, PLT etc).
- Lead & champion production optimization initiatives for the ECMA asset and maintain a portfolio of improvement opportunities.Maintain the reservoir simulation models & network models in the ECMA portfolio to ensure effective management of depletion plans & production strategy for producing fields, credible production forecasting to maximize value and meet business plan targets.
- Responsible for ECMA Resource Volume estimates and Reporting in accordance with the relevant company standards and regulatory requirements.
- Provide senior reservoir engineering support & advisory, frontline quality control and assurance (TA2 level) for studies, business planning and ARPR activities for all the T&T assets.
- Develop & maintain productive working relationships with the FDP team and ensure timely communication of analysis & results of reservoir management activities, for effective optimization of field development plans.
- Responsible for providing inputs to ECMA asset operating budget plans and production plans in collaboration with the asset operations and commercial teams.
- Officiate as the Technical Committee Representative for ECMA Asset and be responsible for maintaining & managing good working relationship with JV partners to ensure approval of asset development and surveillance plans.
- Responsible for management of Subsurface technical interactions with the Ministry of Energy and Energy Affairs for the ECMA Asset and participate in external presentations and quarterly progress meetings.
- Be actively involved in the development of subsurface staff in T&T through mentorship, coaching, knowledge sharing etc. to help improve technical competence levels and performance.
- Experienced and versatile reservoir engineer able to demonstrate experience in variety of reservoir & fluid types, in onshore and offshore settings.
- A seasoned professional with a relevant degree in Petroleum Engineering discipline and demonstrable track record of continuous training and development throughout career.
- A wide knowledge across the subsurface and surface disciplines to allow effective integration with the ability to ask the right questions.
- Team player and able to work effectively as part of a dynamic, high-performing, multi-discipline, multi-cultural team.
- This position requires a reservoir engineer with a sound knowledge of reservoir engineering principles, a practical mind and a good working knowledge of the operations environment.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders from other disciplines (Operations, Commercial, Production Excellence, Well Enginieering) and Joint Venture partners.
- Experience in reservoir simulation and skilled user of Eclipse.
- Possess good hands–on technical knowledge and experience of relevant Reservoir Engineering software ( preferrably Petrel RE, PVTSim, Saphir, Emeraude, IPM) and workflows (PVT, SCAL, reserves, decline analyses, nodal analysis, production log analysis, production optimisation, forecasting and integrated modelling).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to challenge others in a constructive manner and negotiate with internal peers, partners and 3rd parties to influence decisions or ways of working.
- Must be a self motivated individual and possess ability to work under pressure without sacrificing quality.
- Good problem-solving skills (combining learned procedures and related experience) and the ability to handle large amounts of complex information in a detailed and coordinated manner and to identify critical issues and workflows.
- Committed to the highest principles of ethics, quality of work with a strong commitment to Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) objectives.