|Location||The Woodlands, United States|
|Date Posted||January 17, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Our client, a privately held independent oil and gas company, is seeking an experienced candidate with a Petroleum Engineering background complemented by an extensive concentration in Reservoir Engineering. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of investment banking, financial modeling, and how the cash flows generated from a deep technical evaluation are used to most properly advise the organization, its board, or its creditors. Preferably, the candidate has 15+ years experience in a banking A&D team, E&P company, or consulting firm.
- Evaluate reservoir potential and determine performance potential from analogy studies.
- Analyze data to make well-founded recommendations, and effectively communicate the analysis.
- Provide fact-based and defensible engineering presentations of acquisitions to senior management, including technical facts, reservoir, and economic analysis, as well as opinions on future development of the asset and the upside value associated with said development.
- Perform reserves and economic evaluations of drilling, assets, and acquisition opportunities.
- Identify the upside, defend its value based on his/her own analysis, de-risk, and explain the merits of one’s evaluation to management.
- Communicate with Investment Banks and Private Equity firm to present business case for potential acquisitions.
- Organize and manage a data room.
- Analyze well data and identify behind-pipe potential.
- Serve as Reservoir Engineering expert on the Business Development/ Asset Development team in the identification and evaluation of shale plays.
- Create, research, and analyze basin studies.
- Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Must have a working knowledge of commercial oil and gas economics software (experience with Aries is preferred).
- Prefer a minimum of 15 plus years’ experience with Reservoir Engineering.
- Superior presentation, communication and technical writing skills.
- A broad base of experience in a variety of geographic and geologic areas within the L48 with enough real-world application in each to have a deep understanding of the optimal operational development, risks, and upside potential.
- Exceptional work ethic with a high degree of integrity.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Advanced proficiency in ARIES and Excel (expert or near expert level), Drilling Info, Spotfire or Tableau, and IHS (Production Data, Well Data, Enerdeq, Performance Evaluator, DeclinePlus, Herold’s).