|Location||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Date Posted||February 14, 2016|
The Senior Reservoir Engineer will work with members of a multidisciplinary team to complete comprehensive assessments of production performance, subsurface studies, identifying improvement opportunities, business plan and reserves. The engineer will lead the development, maintenance and execution of the medium and long term reservoir management plans.
He/she will also provide surveillance reservoir engineering support to the surveillance team respect to data acquisition, interpretation and action planning on producing mature/green fields. Roles and responsibilities include: Well Test Analysis, Reservoir Performance / Deliverability Analysis, Reservoir Management Planning, Base Forecasting, Well Productivity Analysis, and appropriate Surveillance Modeling (Material Balance, Decline Analysis, Numerical Simulation Modeling, PVT Modeling, and Pressure Transient Analysis).
This position could provide the right candidate with the opportunity to move into a team leadership position in the near future.
Other activities include:
• Lead as required, both field development and business planning.
• Coaching and developing young staff, including responsibility for quality assurance of the reservoir engineering work carried out within the team.
• Optimize the value of the assets with economical evaluation of different investments opportunities versus optimization strategies.
• Assure that all the EOR techniques applicable to the field are evaluated and implemented when viable.
• Acquire and analyze static and dynamic subsurface data to update models and recommend operating procedures
• Assess reserves and provide annual reserves reporting for the business plan, partners and ANP.
• Support / Lead Production System Optimization (PSO) modeling together with the production technologists.