|Date Posted||August 10, 2017|
Job Title: Senior Reservoir Engineer
Based: Doha Qatar
Contract Length: 1 year renewable
Primary Purpose of the Job
Steward integrated reservoir studies and reservoir management of the CLIENT operated oilfields to optimize field development plans. Perform and provide technical supervision of the reservoir simulation modelling aspect, reservoir / well performance data analysis, reservoir surveillance program, infill and workover well programs and reservoir management activities. Steward and formulate detailed/integrated development plans for both developed and undeveloped hydrocarbon resources.
1. Steward and perform the annual review of reserves, generate short/medium/long-term production/injection forecasts for OAR, FDP, business planning and drilling/workover schedule.
2. Perform and provide technical supervision of planning, acquisition and analysis/interpretation of Reservoir Eng data from existing, new and replacement drill projects for updating dynamic reservoir simulation models, determining reservoir targets and inputting into integrated reservoir/field development studies.
3. Steward the development and utilization of 3D multiphase black oil / compositional dynamic reservoir models for numerical simulation of reservoirs and field development planning
4. Steward and review Reservoir Eng inputs into the short term (drill/replacement well projects, workover projects & drilling/workover operations), medium term (reservoir voidage management) and long term (field development and asset value optimisation) activities.
5. Perform and provide technical supervision of target reservoirs/reservoir layers identification and well-reservoir contact determination for new/replacement vertical/deviated/horizontal drill projects into multi-layered heterogeneous reservoirs to optimize field development.
6. Steward development of detailed and integrated development plans for developed and undeveloped hydrocarbon resources.
7. Ensure QA/QC of Reservoir Eng data and supervise the maintenance of Reservoir Eng databases including real time data links
8. Supervise work compliance by contractors for Reservoir Eng data acquisition
9. Steward preparation of post-drill Reservoir Eng reports including integration of interpreted Reservoir Eng data with Geological & Petrophysical evaluations
10. Plan and supervise coaching and development of Qatari staff
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Experience
" Prefer work experience of 15 years as a Reservoir Engineer in the Oil and Gas industry with demonstrated Reservoir studies/surveillance/performance optimization expertise in large oil and gas fields emphasizing carbonate reservoirs
" Significant experience working on mature oil fields under waterflood.
" Experience in transient well test interpretation, material balance modelling and performance prediction of vertical and horizontal wells
" Experience in numerical reservoir simulation , history matching and field development plans
" Experienced in infill and workover wells tasks
" Must have strong teamwork skills. Experience working in a multicultural environment is a plus.
" Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff and management
" Must have experienced mentoring less experienced engineers
" Must be familiar with reserves evaluation, classification and booking
" BSc in Engineering or Applied Sciences
" Experience working on mature oil/gas fields.
" Desirable to have experience in reservoir fluid sampling, fluid property modelling, routine and special core analysis
" Experienced in EOR techniques in particular immiscible gas injection and CO2 WAG development
" Desirable to working knowledge of gas condensate reservoir, gas recycling schemes and gas field development experience
" Desirable to have knowledge of geostatistics, integrated reservoir characterization, fault and fracture studies as well as risk assessment/management and uncertainty analysis.
" MSc in Engineering or Applied Sciences
" Simulation - Eclipse 100/300
" Petrel RE
" Fluid property modelling - PVTi , PVTSim
" Material balance - MBAL
" Well test interpretation - Saphir
" Reservoir surveillance - OFM