|Date Posted||July 16, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
The principal activities of company, its subsidiaries and joint ventures are the exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil, natural gas and gas liquids, refined products, synthetic fuels, petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas (LNG), steel and aluminium. Company strategy of conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development is through Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA) and Development and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA)
Primary Purpose of the Job:
Steward integrated reservoir studies and reservoir management of the company operated oil fields to optimize field development plans. Provide technical supervision and contribution of the reservoir simulation modelling aspect, reservoir / well performance data analysis, reservoir surveillance program, infill and workover well programs and reservoir management activities. Steward and formulate detailed/integrated development plans for both developed and undeveloped hydrocarbon resources.
1.Steward and construct/update dynamic black oil and compositional reservoir models for field development planning.
2.Steward and perform the annual reserves review and generates long term production/injection forecasts for business planning and drilling/workover schedule.
3.Develop, contribute and integrate reservoir engineering inputs into the short term (drill/replacement well projects, workover projects and drilling/workover operations). Medium term (reservoir voidage management) and long term (field development, asset value optimization, and EOR/IOR) activities.
4.Recommend and approve target reservoir(s) layers and well-reservoir contacts for new/replacement vertical/deviated/horizontal drill projects into multi-layered heterogeneous reservoirs to optimize filed development
5.Steward and contributor to the well proposal/prognosis. Develop and prepare post-drill. Reservoir Engineering reports including integration of interpreted reservoir Engineering data with geological & Petro physical evaluations.
6.Steward and participate in preparing detailed integrated development plans for undeveloped hydrocarbon resources.
7.Steward and contribute in fields annual reviews
8.Supervise the acquisition of Reservoir Engineering data and responsible for the QA/QC of Reservoir Engineering Data
9.Supervise and provide technical assurance to outsourced reservoir studies carried out by third parties. Monitor work compliance by contractor for Reservoir Engineering data acquisition.
10.Provide on-the-job coaching and development of Qatari staff.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Prefer 15 years work experience as a Reservoir Engineer in the Oil & Gas Industry with demonstrated Reservoir studies/surveillance/performance optimization expertise in large Oil & gas fields emphasizing carbonate reservoirs.
• Significant experience working on mature oil filed under water flood.
• Experience in transient well test interpretation, material balance modelling and performance prediction of vertical and horizontal wells.
• Experience in numerical reservoir simulation (Black oil and compositional), history matching and field development plans
• Experienced in infill and workover wells tasks
• Must have strong teamwork skill. Experience working in a multicultural environment is a plus. Must be fluent in spoken and written English
• Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff and management.
• Must have experience mentoring less experienced engineers
• Must be familia
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Experience working on mature oil/gas fields
• Desirable to have experience in reservoir fluid sampling, fluid property modelling routine and special core analysis
• Knowledge in EOR techniques in particular miscible/immiscible gas injection and CO2 WAG development
• Desirable to working knowledge of gas condensate reservoir, gas recycling schemes and gas field development experience
• Desirable to have knowledge of uncertainty analysis and risk assessment/management.
• MSc in Petroleum Engineering or Applied Sciences.
• Simulation –Eclipse 100/300
• Petrel RE
• Fluid Property modelling – PVTi, PVTSim
• Material balance – MBAL
• Well test Interpretation - Saphir
• Reservoir Surveillance – OFM
• Using uncertainty software such as MEPO is a plus - See more at: http://www.fircroft.com/job/senior-reservoir-engineer-jobid-rms0169368#sthash.G4Te3YxE.dpuf