|Date Posted||December 30, 2015|
Senior Reservoir Engineer
- Leadership role in the execution of projects in the core areas of reservoir engineering and CO2 management
- Work closely with a wide range of stakeholders to develop projects with an industry focus
- Join our Energy business unit, guiding Australia towards a smart, secure energy future
CSIRO Energy is currently seeking a motivated Senior Reservoir Engineer to join their Geofluids team.
In this position you will be responsible for developing and executing projects involving the assessment and modelling of reservoir flow performance, with special emphasis on multiphase subsurface flows, in order to improve and optimise reservoir management strategies. You will work closely with other research scientists and engineers to develop projects with an industry focus that may include laboratory tests, oilfield data and reservoir simulations.
The scope covers mainly conventional oil and gas reservoir engineering and also CO2 subsurface storage, but can also cross over into unconventional gas reservoir engineering. A key element of this role is communicating with industry experts and asset managers to make projects more relevant to subsurface engineering issues, making use of industry tools and datasets.
Location: Kensington, Perth WA
Salary: $106k to $124k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 1 year
Ref no: 10361
To be eligible for this position you must have a doctorate and or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area such as petroleum engineering, geo-engineering, or physical sciences. You will also have a significant record of quality publications as primary author in high impact, peer reviewed journals.
To be successful you will have:
- Experience in petroleum engineering activities, working in applied R&D in both industry and academic/research institution environments.
- Familiarity with petroleum engineering concepts.
- Excellent understanding of thermophysical processes occurring in the reservoir and wellbore environment, viz, multiphase flow, capillary pressure, fluid PVT relationships, phase changes in the reservoir and wellbore.
- The ability to work effectively as a member or leader of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out independent individual research.
About CSIRO: At CSIRO we invent the future. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Our solutions make a difference to industry, people and the planet.
As Australia’s national science agency, we’ve been pushing the edge of what’s possible for almost 90 years. Today we have thousands of talented people working across Australia and internationally. Our people work closely with industry and communities to leave a lasting legacy. Collectively, our innovation and excellence places us in the top ten applied research agencies in the world.
We collaborate to innovate.
Applications Close 3 January 2016 at 11.59pm AEDT
To apply for this position you will be required to submit one document which contains your resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in the role and broadly addressing your suitability.