|Date Posted||March 22, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||7|
Our employees focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
Reporting to the Director, Exploration & Appraisal, the Senior Reservoir Engineer will be part of the Exploration & Appraisal team. This role will be part of a multi-disciplinary team charged with maturing the Caldita-Barossa (Bonaparte Basin) and the Greater Poseidon (Browse Basin) gas discoveries through to the Final Investment Decision (FID) phase. This role will be a key contributor to all reservoir engineering related analysis, interpretation, result integration, planning and execution of development plans post FID.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Provide sound, reliable technical interpretations within the limits of the time and data available on which good commercial decisions are to be based
- Co-ordination and integration of reservoir engineering related interpretations for the Caldita-Barossa and Greater Poseidon assets
- Collaboration with other team members to produce timely, integrated and peer reviewed technical recommendations
- Input into subsurface modelling simulation and integrated production modelling
- Peer review data integration interpretation to underpin optimized development decisions.
- Develop clear, concise and fit-for-purpose communication material for BU management, JV partners and regulatory authorities
- Aid in the learning and development within the ABU through the dissemination of knowledge and active mentoring
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following experience and qualifications:
- Tertiary level qualifications in Chemical, Petroleum Engineering or related discipline
- Comprehensive knowledge of reservoir engineering principles and their application to maturation of development plans
- Experience in DST planning and interpretation including fluid sample analysis and management.
- Experience with full field and sector dynamic simulation – construction, initialization, history matching and forecasting
- Experience with all aspects of gas and gas condensate reservoir engineering and understanding of the recovery methods in these types of fields
- Experience with construction and optimization of integrated production models
- Knowledge of PVT characterization and use in compositional simulation
- Well Rounded familiarization with related disciplines like Petrophysics, Geology, Geophysics and Facilities Engineering
- 7-10 years’ experience working with development of large fields or O&G companies.
- Experience with Eclipse or other reservoir flow simulation and geomodelling packages.
- Demonstrated track record of exploration, appraisal and development success within Bonaparte and Browse Basins
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
Please complete the entire application process, which includes answering all pre-screening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of April 4, 2016.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity Employer.