|Date Posted||October 11, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
DNO is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East-North Africa region and the North Sea. Founded in 1971, DNO is Norway’s oldest oil company. With a leading position in terms of reserves and production in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, DNO produces around 110,000 barrels of oil per day from the flagship Tawke field.
Due to increased drilling activity in Kurdistan, DNO is seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Reservoir Engineer. The Senior Reservoir Engineer will be joining an international and dynamic working environment characterized by experienced, skilled and motivated employees.
The Senior Reservoir Engineer will be based in DNO’s Dubai office and be a key member of the Field Development team. The Senior Reservoir Engineer will work as a reservoir engineer within the DNO Field Development team to provide critical expertise into the management and development of DNO’s assets. The role will also act in an advisory capacity on reservoir related matters. Work undertaken will have a direct impact on business decisions made by the Company.
Health, safety, environment and security are core values at DNO and are taken very seriously. All employees are expected to play their role whereas senior staff is also part of a company-wide safety leadership programme.
- Field development planning, monitoring and reservoir management
- Production allocation, reporting and forecasting
- Perform volumetric, reserves and economics assessment
- Well test design, interpretation and supervision
- Manage Company’s reservoir-related databases
- Reporting and presentation
Required Qualifications & Experience:
Ideally MSc Petroleum Engineering or, as minimum BS Degree in Petroleum Engineering (or equivalent).
- 15+ years’ experience in the E&P Industry including extensive experience with an operator
- Specialist within the discipline of analysis and reservoir modelling of fractured carbonates
- Thorough knowledge of reservoir engineering fundamentals and experience of reservoir engineering aspects of different reservoir systems
- Good understanding of static and dynamic reservoir characterization and 3D modelling techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of other subsurface disciplines and petroleum economics
- Open, clear, communication style
- Significant technical competency and high standards in quality of work delivered
- Strong workstation skills, expertise with modelling & simulation software (preferably Petrel/Eclipse), and other reservoir engineering software applications (Petroleum Experts IPM suite, Kappa), ability to learn new software
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and execute multiple studies/projects simultaneously
- Good, interpersonal, presentation, communication and reporting skills (fluency in verbal and written English language) including recognition of local cultural requirements
- Initiative and desire to learn and expand within role
- Collaborative style and a strong team player
- Ability to grasp complex issues and convey their resolution to colleagues and project stakeholders
- High energy, strong work ethic
- Self-starter with “fire in the belly”
- Flexible working style with adaptability
- Ability to achieve results in a small company through initiative and taking accountability
- Able to effectively deliver in a matrix environment of teams and functions
- Able to contribute personally to solve problems and get things done with a sense of urgency
- Flexible to undertake some business travel in the role