|Date Posted||April 22, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||6|
To strengthen the RN Nordic Oil AS G&G Team we are seeking a
Senior Reservoir Engineer
Reporting to the Exploration Manager, the Senior Reservoir Engineer will have a unique opportunity to influence the development of RN Nordic Oil AS by providing reservoir engineering expertise.
- Identify and evaluate hydrocarbon prospects, fields and other opportunities
- Provide technical support to assist in the commercialisation of resources
- Develop and maintain a reserves database
- Develop economically viable plans
- Estimate oil and gas reserves (production purposes)
- Forecast oil and gas flow rates
- Conduct detailed dynamic reservoir models through to simulation
- Undertake regional and specific reservoir engineering studies
- Integrate field production information to maximise the recovery of hydrocarbons
- Construct reservoir models for prospects, fields & contingent resources by integrating geological, geophysical, petrophysical and engineering data
- Identify data acquisition requirements such as seismic, coring, logs etc. to reduce uncertainties in data and models
- Act as technical specialist for reservoir engineering activities re. activities in regional exploration, delineation/development and reservoir management of oil and gas assets
- Optimise field development layouts
- Create well drainage strategy
- Provide reservoir engineering input to future special core analysis (SCAL) programs and the analysis of data (e.g. RelPerm, wettability etc.)
- Manage of contractor relationships in relation to health, safety and environmental performance.
The successful candidate is a professional holding a MSc or PhD degree in earth sciences, with 6-8+ years experience as an exploration/field development/production reservoir engineer (requirement) from larger/complex or cross border oil & gas companies. It is expected the successful candidate has held lead/senior geologist experience in a functional organisation and/or in an integrated subsurface/asset team. Experience from working with or in a Russian (O&G) company is an asset.
In-depth knowledge of O&G geology, subsurface/reservoir mapping and modelling, well design, drilling, and hydrocarbon volumetric and reserves calculation are essential. An advanced user skill of mapping and reservoir modelling software applications (Eclipse) on a high level and of supporting data management is required.
Personal strengths we prioritise are excellence in interpersonal skills, communication and organisation, strong business acumen, balanced with mature self-confidence and drive to deliver quality and value timely.
Fluency in English is required, fluency in Norwegian or Russian is an asset.
The position offers you a frontline visible role with a world-class company, being part of a culturally diverse team of Norwegian, Russian and other international colleagues. In addition to broad and varied roles and responsibilities, the position offers varied internal and external working relations.
For further information contact Exploration Manager Natalia Kukina (+47 48 88 46 99) or HR Manager Hans Jacob Christensen (+47 41 66 53 66).