|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||February 10, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
A highly motivated Unconventional resources Senior Reservoir Engineer is needed for our operated Shale Production Unit to evaluate ongoing production activities and optimize our forward Development Plan. The qualified candidate should have at least ten years of experience working as a reservoir engineer, including at least four years of experience working in asset teams on unconventional (shale) assets.
- Participate in developing and delivering production budgets
- Develop well forecasts, monitor well performance, and make recommendations to improve production
- Perform reservoir management, with emphasis on key areas of uncertainty that impact well performance (multi-phase effects, completion design, geomechanical effects etc.) Recommend and implement data acquisition plans, future designs, and/or operations changes to improve production and value. Incorporate learnings into forecasting expectations of well performance.
- Represent reservoir engineering in multi discipline groups to impact field development plans, design basis and operations and make technical and economic recommendations.
- Adheres to the BHP Billiton Charter.
- Strong integrator of information and analysis across functions. Collaborating with reservoir engineers, production engineers, geoscientists and completion engineers, drilling engineers, operations, finance and planners.
- Strong shale-specific reservoir engineering skill set with a good understanding of fluid thermodynamics, completion and well performance, reservoir management, and geology/geomechanics to help understand and optimize production and value.
- Solid analytical, operational understanding and experience with multi-stage hydraulic fracturing (design, execution and evaluation) in unconventional plays like Eagle Ford, Permian, Haynesville, and/or Fayetteville is a must.
- Acts with a personal sense of urgency to achieve high quality results within set time frames.
- Clearly communicates BHP Billiton's technical position, with well-crafted and documented technical presentations / interpretations.
- Identifies key work areas for reservoir engineering based on new information.
- Pro-active team player willing to continuously grow technical and leadership skills.
At BHP Billiton, we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. We offer a diverse and challenging environment with great learning and career opportunities for people who share our values. BHP Billiton's Petroleum business has exploration, development, production and marketing activities in countries around the globe, including significant positions in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, onshore U.S., Australia, and Trinidad and Tobago.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS