|Date Posted||July 29, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Senior Reservoir Engineer – Full EXPAT, Permanent, Oman
Our Client is a large Oilfield Service Company based in Oman and they are currently looking for Senior Reservoir Engineers for their office.
The Company providing services and technology to the E&P industry in Oman and the Gulf Region and was formed by a group of local oil & gas professionals with extensive international experience in the Oil & Gas services industry. They have since their formation established strong alliances and relationships with key technology and service providers in the E&P industry.
The ideal candidate will be technically capable of running and leading projects and as a client facing role candidates must be completely fluent in English.
They must also have strong experience in Field Development Planning and also be highly skilled in Reservoir Simulation.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Plan, create and deliver subsurface studies
Execute basic Reservoir Engineering work
Strong skills in history matching of dynamic models - ESSENTIAL
Through Reservoir Simulation determine optimal development plans for oil and gas reservoirs.
Recommend appropriate and cost effective reservoir depletion schemes such as water flooding or gas injection to maximize hydrocarbon recovery
Participate in peer assists, peer and project reviews
The position is open to all, and is a full EXPAT permanent role based in Oman. As such the remuneration will be commendable with experience, skills and fit for the role. Please note that Fluent English, spoken and written – essential/Pre-requisite.
Qualification / Skills:
• Internationally recognized university education, preferably in Petroleum Engineering (M.Sc.)
• International experience in Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering (> 10 years)
• Able to effectively work in multi-disciplinary teams
• Must be technically capable of running and leading Projects
• Strong presentation skills, effective communicator
• Able to work under time pressure and stress
• Fluent English, spoken and written – essential/Pre-requisite
• Expert in Dynamic Simulation, Fluid Dynamics, Field Development Planning (such as recovery mechanisms, well design, etc.)
• Reservoir Characterization (OH logging, SCAL, Rock mechanics)
• PVT characterization and modelling (lab, PVTp, PVTsim)
• Advanced in the following areas:
• Well modelling (Steady state or transient)