|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||May 1, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Possess experience and skills listed to provide vision, leadership, and engineering support to achieve or exceed corporate goals and maximize shareholder value. Ability to work individually as well as in a multi-disciplined team is critical. Candidates should be proficient in all areas of Reservoir Engineering including reservoir characterization, performance analysis, risk analysis, well test, analysis, material balance, fluid properties, volumetric reserve estimation, well and project economics.
- Performs reserve and economic evaluations of drilling, recompletion, workover and acquisition opportunities.
- Perform reserve and economic evaluations of drilling and completion, recompletion, workover and acquisition/divestiture opportunities and make recommendations to management
- Prepares annual drilling plan and capital budget and recommends approval to company executives.
- Semi-annually performs SEC reserve evaluation on company assets with emphasis on properly valuing assigned assets.
- Develops exhibits and provides expert testimony at regulatory hearings supporting company projects.
- Develops and keeps current type curves economics for various areas or plays.
- Analyzes production performance resulting from different completion techniques and recommends the best completion technique based on incremental economics.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on potential acquisitions and divestitures
- Determine optimal well density, completion design, and well performance for multi-well units
- Forecasts production for capacity design of gathering lines, compressor stations and processing plants.
- Mentoring of less experienced and inexperienced individuals is required.
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills; Candidate will be presenting to company executives
- Proficient computer and data analysis skills
- Operations experience a plus
- Proven team player
- Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 5+ years of recent, relevant industry experience; Unconventional experience preferred
- Good working knowledge of industry economic software required (Aries preferred)
- Experience in using production curve analysis (Arps) to forecast reserve recoveries from reservoirs
- Knowledge of SEC reserve reporting guidelines and able to quantify PUD, POSS, and PROB reserves
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and efficiently prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Ability to proficiently utilize technical and administrative personnel resources
- Ability to work independently and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
- An acceptable pre-employment background and drug test
Position will be located in Oklahoma City with a minimum of travel expected.