|Location||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma|
|Date Posted||September 7, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Job Title: Senior Reservoir Engineer
Department: Resource Development
In 2012, Continental Resources set a goal to organically triple production and triple reserves by 2017. After 2 years, we are on schedule to accomplish this goal. This growth has created the opportunity for talented and motivated reservoir engineers to join our team. The mission of the Resource Development Group is to maximize shareholder value by making business recommendations based on sound technical evaluations and economics. We are looking for engineers that work well both individually and have successfully proved themselves in multi-disciplined teams. Candidates should be proficient in all areas of Reservoir Engineering including well test analysis, material balance, performance analysis, fluid properties, volumetric recovery methods and project economics.
- Performs reserve and economic evaluations of drilling, recompletion, workover and acquisition opportunities.
- Generates risked economics for screening and ranking prospects.
- Prepares annual drilling plan and capital budget and recommends approval to company executives.
- Semi-annually performs SEC reserve evaluation on company assets with emphasis on properly valuing assigned assets.
- Develops exhibits and provides expert testimony at regulatory hearings supporting company projects.
- Develops and keeps current type curves economics for various areas or plays.
- Analyzes production performance resulting from different completion techniques and recommends the best completion technique based on incremental economics.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on potential acquisitions and divestitures.
- Forecasts production for capacity design of gathering lines, compressor stations and processing plants. Mentoring of less experienced and inexperienced individuals is required.
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills; Candidate will be presenting to company executives
- Proficient computer skills
- Proven team player
- Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 5+ years of recent, relevant industry experience; Unconventional experience preferred
- Good working knowledge of industry economic software required (Aries preferred)
- Experience in using production curve analysis (Arps) to forecast reserve recoveries from reservoirs
- Knowledge of SEC reserve reporting guidelines and able to quantify PUD, POSS, and PROB reserves
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and efficiently prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Ability to proficiently utilize technical and administrative personnel resources
- Ability to work independently and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision;
- Position will be located in Oklahoma City with a minimum of travel expected.