|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||January 11, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Marathon Oil, an energy industry leader, is engaged in the worldwide hydrocarbon exploration and production. Marathon is currently seeking a Senior Reservoir Engineer to support our Oklahoma Resource Basin operations. This is a high-impact position within a highly collaborative team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: budget preparation/business planning, reserves management, business development opportunity assessment, well design/execution, and performance analysis.
Essential Functions May Be Responsible For, But Not Limited To:
- Integrate engineering analyses with geologic interpretations to create optimized plans of development.Function as a project manager guiding horizontal well design/execution/lookback (both parent well and infill well projects) and economic evaluations.
- Work collaboratively with drilling, completions, production & facilities to influence and guide the complete life cycle of wells.
- Possess suitable experience and/or knowledge of reserve determination techniques and is familiar with reserve and resource definition practices and the recent updates in associated US law. Develop reserve booking strategy, evaluate & book reserves.
- Possess familiarity with stochastic analysis techniques and tools and understanding of how to utilize stochastic approaches for type curve generation and production forecasting.
- Monitor well production against expectations and coordinate well performance analysis.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to less experienced professionals.Seek opportunities to network internally and externally to build relationships that foster information exchange.
- Evaluate business development opportunities as they arise.Create development models that allow full economic evaluation and guide bid strategy.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations for management reviews, peer reviews, and technical committee meetings.
- BS in Petroleum Engineering
- 10+ years reservoir engineering experience.
- Solid technical background (decline curve analysis, volumetrics, pressure/rate transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc.) and developed understanding of geology.
- Reservoir stimulation knowledge and petrophysical analysis skills beneficial.
- Knowledge of oil and gas economics software (ARIES strongly preferred).
- Additional software experience/expertise with ArcGIS, OFM, IHS Harmony, Topaze, and Spotfire
- Strong command of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)