|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||December 10, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Marathon Oil, an energy industry leader, is engaged in the worldwide hydrocarbon exploration and production. Marathon is currently seeking an Advanced Reservoir Engineer to support our Oklahoma Resource Basin operations. This is a high-impact position within a highly collaborative team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: budget preparation/business planning, reserves management, business development opportunity assessment, well design/execution, and performance analysis.
Essential Functions May Be Responsible For, But Not Limited To:
- Integrate engineering analyses with geologic interpretations to create optimized plans of development.Function as a project manager guiding horizontal well design/execution/lookback (both parent well and infill well projects) and economic evaluations.
- Work collaboratively with drilling, completions, production & facilities to influence and guide the complete life cycle of wells.
- Possess suitable experience and/or knowledge of reserve determination techniques and is familiar with reserve and resource definition practices and the recent updates in associated US law. Develop reserve booking strategy, evaluate & book reserves.
- Possess familiarity with stochastic analysis techniques and tools and understanding of how to utilize stochastic approaches for type curve generation and production forecasting.
- Monitor well production against expectations and coordinate well performance analysis.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to less experienced professionals.Seek opportunities to network internally and externally to build relationships that foster information exchange.
- Evaluate business development opportunities as they arise.Create development models that allow full economic evaluation and guide bid strategy.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations for management reviews, peer reviews, and technical committee meetings.
- BS in Petroleum Engineering
- 10+ years reservoir engineering experience.
- Solid technical background (decline curve analysis, volumetrics, pressure/rate transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc.) and developed understanding of geology.
- Reservoir stimulation knowledge and petrophysical analysis skills beneficial.
- Knowledge of oil and gas economics software (ARIES strongly preferred).
- Additional software experience/expertise with ArcGIS, OFM, IHS Harmony, Topaze, and Spotfire
- Strong command of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)