|Date Posted||August 4, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Senior Reservoir Engineer - Muscat, OmanTo work as directed by the Petroleum Technology Manager. The senior reservoir Engineer will be working on both the offshore producing assets as well as the onshore exploration activities of the company. The incumbent will be required to use classical reservoir engineering techniques (eg DCA or Material Balance) as well as dynamic simulation model development (Eclipse). Duties and responsibility include production and reservoir monitoring and evaluation, estimating reserves, forecasting for property evaluations and development planning for oil and gas export, whilst providing general technical service and technology development support.
- Build dynamic reservoir models using Eclipse software
- Production monitoring, allocations and reporting and for DNO Oman producing assets.
- Well and Reservoir management for the producing assets
- Quality Control of production data, monthly sales volumes for oil, LPG, and gas
- Ongoing evaluation of production performance parameters
- Conducting reservoir simulation studies, material balance and analytical studies to optimize recoveries for forecasting and development planning
- Predict reserves and production performance
- Conduct reservoir pressure transient analysis
- Provide reservoir engineering support to Operations
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Msc in Petroleum / Reservoir engineering
- The candidate will have 5+ years of experience in relevant reservoir engineering positions.
- Deep understanding & knowledge of reservoir engineering
- Computer literate with reservoir engineering; Such as Petrel, Eclipse, IPM, Ecrin. etc
- Practical excel or VBA skill to manage data for production, well and reservoir parameters
- Achievement drive and good presentation, organization and communication skills
- Understand and apply basic and special core analysis.
- Perform reservoir characterization
- Perform PVT analysis.
- Understand and determine oil and gas phase behavior.
- Analyze single/multi-phase flow under reservoir conditions.
- Use conventional well test analysis to understand and perform reservoir analysis.
- Perform oil and gas recovery estimates.
- Understand fluid flow characteristics of oil and gas reservoirs and determine reservoir performance.
- Understand and apply recovery processes to recovery from non-conventional gas reservoirs.
- Evaluate reservoir performance using reservoir simulation.
- Reservoir Surveillance
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Team player
- Contribution to regular, ad hoc reporting
- Understands the business, reservoir engineering, production performance
- Numerical Accuracy
- Data gathering and structuring
Please note only applications received by e-mail will be considered.
You can submit your resume and letter of application to : firstname.lastname@example.org ; The subject of your e-mail should state the title of the position you are applying for.