|Date Posted||November 14, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Senior Reservior Engineer
- Join a leading research company
- Multiple Projects
- Melbourne CBD based
Our client is a research company who have developed a range of technologies to undertake carbon capture and storage throughout Australia. They are the leaders in their field and are now seeing a period of growth.
Reporting to the Program Manager you will be involved in the design and operational delivery of the completion of a Carbon Capture and Storage well based in Victoria. The position will be located in Melbourne’s CBD but will require frequent travel to field locations to support on-site operations.
- Ownership/leadership of the relevant dynamic modelling capability, reservoir engineering expertise for R & D, and associated data.
- Responsible for handling all reservoir engineering components of the full life cycle of project from inception to deployment to execution to Closeout.
- Work closely with the science teams and project leads to develop, document, review and execute the project.
- Responsible for data management and distribution for all reservoir engineering data.
- Together with project and science leads, get document peer reviewed by industry members via the Program Advisory Committee (PAC)
- Manage scope and mitigate dynamic risks in project.
- Dynamic modelling lead and reservoir engineering expertise for the project.
- Coordination of well testing design and analysis for future wells.
- Ensuring that all dynamic modelling work is developed and maintained efficiently and passes industry level peer review.
- Ensuring that future reservoir testing is undertaken efficiently and is of a high quality as per industry standards.
- Ensuring reservoir engineering appraisal and development objectives are maintained.
- Ensuring effective interfacing between researchers and partners on matters relating to the reservoir modelling.
- Bachelor Degree in reservoir engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years industry experience
- High level of knowledge in relevant aspects of petroleum or reservoir engineering
- Experience in the appraisal and development of geological resource including dynamic reservoir modelling, formation testing, and project management.
- Experience/strong knowledge on the technical basis of CO2 geological sequestration and Australia’s storage projects and potential is preferred.
- Experience and capability in dynamic modelling essential (e.g. Eclipse, Tough 2)
- Skilled at integrating large volumes of information quickly and effectively and delivered with confidence
- Proficient at influencing, communicating and disseminating information to stakeholders
- Writes skilfully and fluently, conveying information of varying complexity appropriately to audience type
- Produces work of high quality in a timely manner
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Keith Tannahill on 03 9252 2176