|Date Posted||January 2, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
The Senior Reservoir Engineer builds and maintains reservoir simulation and integrated production models, oversees and effectively influences operating company’s reservoir engineering activities, represents ExxonMobil in joint venture technical and business forums, and provides support to ongoing drilling activities. The Senior Reservoir Engineer will provide recommendations on new opportunities and arising technical issues and clearly communicate progress on ongoing projects. The role will also involve mentoring early career technical staff along with assisting in leading and coordinating the technical team.
Key Role requirements:
- Build and maintain reservoir simulation models of multiple large fields. Work interactively with other subsurface discipline team members to update models with new data as it becomes available.
- Maintain integrated/multi-field production forecasting models and generate production forecasts to support future development analysis and economics.
- For non-operated projects, oversee all aspects of the operating companies’ reservoir engineering work including drilling results analysis, reservoir modelling, deliverability prediction and production forecasting, well operations and testing, reservoir surveillance planning and implementation.
- Act as the primary reservoir engineering interface with other company technical contacts within a major project joint venture, providing technical oversight and influence through formal and informal engagements.
- Lead and oversee reservoir engineering technical support for operated drilling programs including fluid sampling and analysis, core analysis, flow back planning and analysis.
- Ability to travel to field locations and support well related operations as required, including travel to Papua New Guinea.
- Mentor and oversee early career reservoir engineers.
- Engineering degree with relevant industry experience of more than 15 years in reservoir engineering.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a variety of reservoir simulation and geological modelling software packages across multiple worldwide geological settings in both carbonate and sandstone environments.
- Must be skilled and knowledgeable in the following areas: Reservoir Simulation, Integrated Production Modelling, Well Hydraulics Modelling, Pressure Transient Analysis, Reserves Assessment and Reporting, Equity Unitisation and Redetermination, Reservoir Management and Surveillance, LNG Project Operations Support, Core Analysis and Fluid Analysis.
- Understanding of Drilling operations and Formation Evaluation techniques.
- Must have strong networking and team building skills, capable of coordinating others and monitoring third party service vendors.
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with data analysis skills via use of tools such as Excel.