|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
I. Job Purpose & Scope:
Plans and coordinates all reservoir engineering activities within assigned field development team, to ensure proper implementation of development plans designed to optimize ultimate recovery. Includes initiating and guiding in data collection programs, reservoir monitoring, reservoir and studies to determine medium and long-term implications of different development options. Integrates the team's reservoir modeling efforts by identifying study objectives and requirements, synchronizing tasks and synthesis various members' contributions and activities to achieve established goals and objectives in timely fashion. Defines and implements quality control and quality assurance standards for all reservoir engineering activities within assigned team. Prepares integrated plans and budgets for all reservoir studies, pilots, projects and monitoring related expenditure. Recommending major new development / recovery projects and advising management as to the best producing plans and capacity and allowable for all reservoirs within assigned field.
- Directs and participates in the formulation, implementation and monitoring of development plans covering recovery method, injection fluids, location and number of wells, operating pressure level, production, injection level, etc.
- Liaises with other disciplines within and/or outside own team/division to coordinate work programs and changes required to meet the team objectives. This includes identifying requirements for coring, logging, testing and other related reservoir monitoring programs.
- Coordinates and supervises reservoir modeling studies carried out by outside consultants. Includes establishing terms of reference; monitoring consultants' work ; and reviewing and approving final reports.
- Directs the application of advanced reservoir engineering and computer based simulation techniques.
- Coordinates the investigation of problems related to reservoirs exploitation and recommends appropriate solutions. Includes the use of new equipment, logging techniques, studies, etc.
- Initiates medium and long-term reservoir development strategies based on operating conditions and optimized reservoir studies/ management plans.
- Prepares the team budget and business plan in liaison with other team members by providing drilling and workover priorities, capacity forecast, requirements for tie-ins, surface facilities modifications, evaluating manpower and computer requirements, etc.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Keeps abreast of new development in reservoir engineering. Includes attending and representing the Company in conferences, symposia, fora, society meetings and relating functions to identify new development of interest to Company. Prepares reports/papers on such functions and circulates to other parties concerned.
- Participates in the ongoing training and development of UAE national employees as assigned. Includes assessing employee training and development needs, preparing structured familiarization, development programs, monitoring progress and counseling employees as required.
- Knows the Company health, safety and environment policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility. Ensures that work under his control is performed in a safe and environmentally sound manner. Conducts effective accident investigation and follow up. Implements specific safety management system program activities assigned to him.
- Latitude Exercised, Decision Making authority and Responsibility
- Determines work methods from various alternatives and operates independently within the framework of general directives, policies, project goals and specialized professional standards. Completed work subject to review.
Incumbent is responsible for producing simulation studies that significantly contribute to ADCO's profitability and influence management decisions on costly investments of time and money. Incorrect input or interpretation of data could result in considerable losses of time and money and seriously affect the ultimate recovery of Company's hydrocarbon reserves.
Expertise: Petroleum Engineering, Research & Development, Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: 20,000 - 45,000 AED
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
United Arab Emirates