|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||February 16, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Senior Reservoir Engineer – Mad Dog Field
This is an exciting opportunity in one of the largest fields in the Gulf of Mexico where BHP holds a non-operated WI. The position provides reservoir engineering leadership to support Mad Dog field development activities, including development plan optimization and opportunity identification and maturation. Responsibilities include simulation model updates, production forecasting and reserves estimation. Competency in numerical reservoir simulation software is required. Development planning experience on major capital projects is highly desired.
- Build, update, QC simulation models and generate production forecasts
- Perform development plan optimization and opportunity capture including well location selection, water flood optimization and appraisal planning
- Perform uncertainty studies and generate mid, low and high forecasts
- Conduct internal technical assurance reviews and complete documentation
- Participate in partner workshops and present technical recommendations
- Update hydrocarbon reserves and resources
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Demonstrated competency in numerical simulation, history matching, simulation work flows, and depletion planning
- Ability to identify production and EUR enhancement opportunities and to lead their maturation
- Traditional Reservoir engineering skills – e.g. PTA, DCA, Material Balance, and flow assurance
- Proficiency in the use of various engineering software such as Eclipse, Petrel, Prosper, GAP, SAPHIR and MEPO
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that enables effective interaction in all directions and at all levels.
- Ability to mentor others
- Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 8 years experience in the upstream petroleum industry is required
At BHP Billiton, we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. We offer a diverse and challenging environment with great learning and career opportunities for people who share our values. BHP Billiton's Petroleum business has exploration, development, production and marketing activities in countries around the globe, including significant positions in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, onshore U.S., Australia, and Trinidad and Tobago.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS