|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||September 28, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||4|
Purpose of Job /Role Intent:
Contribute to good quality business decision making by providing fit for purpose solutions to Subsurface problems.
Work with other Subsurface Specialists and other team members to ensure that appropriate data is gathered and processed, suitable models are built and calibrated, potential solutions evaluated and recommendations are made.
Contributions will be required to support the exploration, appraisal, development, production and reservoir management of the E&P assets and new business activities. Both long-term strategic and short-term tactical (operational or budgetary) focus is required.
Core Elements of Job/Key Performance Indicators:
1. Perform Specialist activities using documented processes, workflows, and best practices for exploration, development, and production activities to deliver consistent, high-quality analysis to support Sasol decision making.
- Robust technical analysis
- Good quality documentation
- Cost and time awareness and management
2. Team Work, willingness to discuss method and results, openness to other opinions, ability to assimilate, decide and convince.
- Collaborate in integrated analysis, model-building and calibration. Participate in diverse teams to recommend solutions to business problems.
- Share knowledge and skills with project leaders and team members
- Participate in Functional Development
3. Personal Development
- Identify appropriate training courses to build classroom knowledge. Belong to an appropriate professional body, attend meetings, read papers, build understanding.
- Request on-the-job opportunities.
- Develop expertise in appropriate technical tools.
- Develop expertise in key productivity, collaboration and communication tools.
- Stay abreast of global trends, developments and opportunities in own area of work.
4. Staff Development and Performance Management
- Coach less experienced team members on technical matters
- Build a fully competent organisation
- Ensure that standards, guidelines and best practice are followed.
5. Functional Development.
- Creation of standards, research into new methods.
- Identify internal or external research consortiums where E&P should participate.
- Participate in the planning of research programmes within E&P or E&P sponsored (e.g.., industry consortia).
- Develop improved and novel technical solutions that will enhance the business.
6. Relationship Management.
- Interaction with the customer / client. Presenting to partners and other stakeholders.
- Understand and address stakeholder requirements and ensure regular feedback
- Actively develop positive working relations with customers/stakeholders
- Demonstrate appropriate alignment with Sasol values, including SH&E.
- Compliance with applicable standards.
- Adherence to Performance Agreement and Personal Development Plan