|Date Posted||July 17, 2018|
year contract residentially based in Qatar
Resume or accelerate the development of the reservoirs by studying, maturing and proposing for validation the drilling of new wells and/or work-over opportunities from existing slots or from future slots for additional phases of field development and strategy, definition of development patterns, reserves/resources assessments, and appraisal strategy. Focus on understanding and description of production mechanisms (water-flooding, gas injection) involved in sector, full-field or phenomenological reservoir models.
- Participation with large autonomy in integrated reservoir engineering studies or reservoir mono-disciplinary studies, under the responsibility of the Asset Team Lead (RM or OME) or Asset Manager, and active follow-up and animation of the reservoir aspects of the studies, to understand and represent the production mechanisms involved.
- Studies are to be carried out as per existing Opportunity Maturation Process (OMP).
- Without supervised staff.
- Each reservoir needs to be modeled (static and dynamic models) and sector models will be used to prepare the validation of the new development wells and work-over opportunities.
- EOR projects are under study with regular data acquisition campaigns.
- In charge of regularly evaluating the current oil potential and the reserves for each reservoir.
This part must allow people unfamiliar with the job to understand the role in the organization by describing :
- Ensure HSE policies are followed and understood within the team and with every activity/operation required by the Asset especially reservoir related.
- Responsible for day-to-day well performance monitoring, well test requirements, well potential updates
- Implement and validate the reservoir engineering techniques linked to its activity (planning, evaluation and interpretation of well tests, interpretation of PLT, decline curve analysis, material balance, production nodal analysis, definition of production mechanisms, prediction of production performance and injection, PVT analysis, etc.).
- Validate the analysis of reservoir data (static and especially dynamic) and the syntheses of dynamic data for pressure conditioning actions to be implemented for drilling of new wells.
- Participate in the synthesis of subsurface data and ensure the consistency of assumptions between the different disciplines (geophysics, geology and petrophysics, production technology and geo-information)
- Co-responsible in the construction of the reservoir models (static and dynamic) in close collaboration and iterations with the geophysicist, geologist and reservoir specialists, optimizing the modeling of the flows according to the heterogeneities and the production mechanisms to be implemented, to end up with history matched sector and possibly full reservoir dynamic models.
- Ample autonomy in the field of dynamical simulation of reservoirs, in methodology, in knowledge of reservoir simulation softwares (ECLIPSE...) and interface systems.
- Integrate the data from existing production, new development and appraisal wells into the models.
- Coordinate the specialty studies necessary for the development of the reservoir simulation.
- Participate and guarantee in the definition and optimization of development schemes and patterns.
- Guarantee the assessment of associated production and injection unconstraint profiles for production and injection exercises: Rolling Forecasts (RoFo), Annual Reserves Report (ARR) and Long Range Business Plan (LRBP).
- Strong participation in Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) pilot and their implementation in Field Development, including monitoring aspects.
- Ensure the quality of the data in the different databases (pressures, production, injection…).
- Provide validated relevant data (production profiles) to be used for economic evaluation of each project/well/study.
- Ensure the good integration between the other disciplines (geophysics, geology, production technology and geo-information) to evaluate uncertainties associated with a project/well/study (1P, 2P, 3P) and implement the necessary studies (experimental design, ... ).
- Propose the reservoir data acquisitions programs (fluids, conventional and SCAL, well testing, logs, cores, ...) to characterize and predict reservoir behavior and reduce the uncertainties.
- Ensures compliance with costs, deadlines and objectives.
- Guarantee the Reservoir Surveillance Plan and Reservoir Management Plan for the Asset as per CLIENTS Standards.
- Active contribution to development of internal and external communications within the Reservoir and PE community.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
Description of the environment in which the job is performed, in particular the constraints and/or positive/negative drivers applying