|Date Posted||April 19, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||12|
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR SENIOR RESERVOIR ENGINEER
- Good oil industry experience and knowledge of subject discipline area.
- Minimum of 12 years experience in the Oil and Gas Industry (Petroleum Engineering), of which at least 10 years must have been spent conducting integrated reservoir and other technical studies.
- Expert proficiency in Petrel RE, Eclipse Suite, Petroleum Expert Suites (MBAL/Prosper/GAP/Resolve), Kappa (Saphir/Topaze) and OFM.
- Sound understanding other related disciplines (Geology, Geophysics, Drilling, Facilities, and Economics) especially working knowledge of static modelling workflows.
- A working knowledge of reservoir analytical modeling, numerical simulation modeling and uncertainty analysis, decline curve analysis, EOS and fluid characterisation, field development planning & operations, production optimization, reserves booking and reporting.
- Hands-on knowledge and proficiency in the use of state-of-the-art Reservoir Engineering techniques & softwares, Microsoft suite and their application to problem solving.
- Working Oil and Gas development work processes and demonstrable track record of success in a variety of upstream oil and gas projects.
- Good supervision skills, focussed on target delivery.
- Good team skills, experience of mentoring junior staff. Self-motivated, ability to work without supervision. Initiative, integrity, leadership, communication and cross-cultural skills. Cost consciousness and ability to delegate.
- Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Petroleum Engineering.
- Professional Qualification:
- Membership of relevant professional organisation(s) such as SPE is desirable but not necessarily a prerequisite.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Implement reservoir/petroleum engineering workflows such as reservoir analytical and/or numerical modelling, EOS and fluid characterisation, reservoir rock characterisation, pressure and rate transient analysis, decline curve analysis, single well nodal analysis and integrated production network modelling.
- Participate in reservoir and wells monitoring and surveillance.
- Provide production forecasts and reserves estimates for the assets for planning and reserves reporting.
- Provide reservoir engineering input into field development plans and ATDs and present same to partners and local approval agencies.
- Carry out in-house subsurface studies as may be required to assist in development decisions.
- Recommend and prepare detailed data gathering programmes (pressure surveys, PLTs etc.) for fields and reservoirs based on Asset Team requirements.
- Contribute to technical and value assurance processes (peer assist/reviews, functional reviews, integrated readiness reviews).
- Provide support for third party contractors studies including scoping of the technical work, project management, compliance with agreed scopes of work and contract ceilings.
- Mentor and develop junior engineers.
Health Safety & Environment:
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in compliance with Addax safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice.
- Report any unsafe act, near-miss, accident, dangerous occurrence or dangerous condition to Line management and submit associated incident report within specified timeline
- Participate in, and comply with recommendations/safety measures from risk assessment organized by line management, as applicable.
Key Performance Indicators/ Performance Goals:
- Satisfactory delivery of high quality and timely reservoir engineering contributions to ATDs and FDPs
- Quality reservoir engineering input to asset & reservoir management
- Apply relevant minimum standards and best industry practices to deliver additional production potential in the assets.
- Compliance with discipline controls and guideline and discipline QA/QC requirements.
- Plan, manage and deliver capital efficient projects on time.
- Manage the interface with government partners (DPR, NAPIMS, NCDMB), as required.
- Supervise, mentor and coach less experienced Engineers within the Technical directorate.
- Required to provide budget inputs and manage assigned budget(s).
- May be involved in contract negotiation, new & existing softwares/licences evaluation