|Date Posted||October 30, 2019|
Brisbane QLDContractThe Role:
Our client is seeking a Senior Reservoir Engineer for a key role in their business based in Brisbane for a 12 month contract position. The main purpose of the role is to act as an individual contributor in the field of Reservoir Engineering within a multi-functional WRFM team as part of an Operated CSG producing Asset.
1. Apply reservoir engineering expertise and professional judgement in devising and leading projects and studies
2. Present completed analysis and recommendations at peer reviews, peer assists and functional reviews as part of the value assurance framework
3. Provide leadership in sub-surface dynamic reservoir performance characterisation for CSG reservoirs. Ensure all reservoir uncertainties are identified and incorporated into forward appraisal and development plans
4. Influencing and defining data acquisition programmes and integration of production reservoir surveillance data into full field CSG simulation models
5. Support delivery of reservoir engineering elements of the field development plan and support delivery of area subsurface reservoir engineering work-streams ensuring functional/technical consistency across teams
6. Ensure all own evaluations are documented and related data are handled in accordance with relevant technical standards
The successful applicant will be highly competent in reservoir modelling and simulation. Problem solving, eye for delivery of robust products and working with one team mentality is essential.
Our client is a global market leader within the oil & gas industry with a portfolio of pioneering onshore and offshore projects both locally and internationally. As an employer they have an exceptional reputation for building a culture focused on the highest levels of HSE and diversity & inclusion as they continue to expand their Australian based operations.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
1. Masters degree or equivalent in Petroleum Engineering
2. Proven track record in reservoir modelling and reservoir characterisation, dynamic history matching, well performance forecasting, reserves assessments and development planning
3. Dealing with complex field planning issues and placing them in an overall business context for supporting strategic business decisions
4. The position requires incumbents to fully appreciate diversity and to have excellent people management skills; will operate in a fluid environment and will need to rely on drive, personal experience and judgement
5. Advanced Problem solving skills and track record of being solution driven.
6. CSG experience in a Reservoir Engineering capacity is a strong preference for this role
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.