|Location||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||February 12, 2019|
Raeburn Group are recruiting for a Senior Reservoir Engineer on behalf of our client, a major Oil & Gas Operator. This is a permanent role based in Aberdeen.
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.
- Lead the design, maintenance and history matching of fit-for-purpose dynamic reservoir simulation models for various operated and non-operated fields. Utilise classical reservoir engineering techniques such as material balance and decline curves as appropriate to support the models.
- Identify and drive opportunities for reserves progression and increased production from the assigned producing assets, with a view to maximizing value and reserves for the company.
- Assess opportunities for future infill wells, workovers and near-field exploration targets and prepare well recommendations and AFEs as appropriate. Update and document the opportunity hopper regularly.
- Perform (and/or manage) relevant Reservoir Engineering studies (e.g. PVT, core, well test) where required.
- Work as an integrated team member with geoscientists, drilling, and production engineers to plan and design development wells, monitor well tests and field performance and optimise production.
- Active participation in relevant external reviews (e.g. OGA), JV meetings and other ad-hoc technical meetings, representing the company as operator.
- Develop production and reserve booking profiles for input in to business unit report, CAD and year end reserves.
- A degree in Engineering or a related discipline. Preferably a post-graduate qualification in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline.
CANDIDATE PROFILE (INCLUDE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES, BEHAVIOURS):
- Extensive experience as a Reservoir Engineer with an E&P; Operator working on a broad range of operated development and production projects. Preferably both oil and gas fields.
- Substantial experience in dynamic modelling, history matching and sensitivity analysis using Eclipse (or similar) software.
- Track record of proactively proposing and implementing successful reservoir management recommendations.
- Experience and detailed understanding of well operations, well tests and completions.
- Up to date working knowledge of technical software including Eclipse, Petrel, Petroleum Experts (GAP, PVT, MBal etc.) analytical tools and Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with hydrocarbon resources estimation and reporting.
- Ability to work within the framework provided by company investment guidelines; appraise, concept, select, define and execute.
- Good understanding of drilling and production operations.
Attributes and Behaviours:
- Able to establish technical credibility in order to gain the respect of peers, supervisors, and external third parties. Ability to develop practical solutions to problems and gain agreement with senior managers in the BU, corporate and function.
- Ability to manage confidential information with appropriate sensitivity.
- Ability to succinctly articulate risks and uncertainty in complex scenarios.
ADDITIONAL ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
- The above is intended to provide a description of the ACCOUNTABILITIES of the role. Duties and responsibilities attached to roles may change from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed