|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||April 12, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||7|
At Concho, we align our employees, customers, shareholders, and the communities we support in a value chain that drives long-term growth. It is a collaboration that fosters a culture of partnership, diversity, and innovation, acknowledges and celebrates our successes, embraces change, and guides us down the path of an even brighter future.
We believe our employees are our greatest assets and are committed to providing a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding environment where we can all thrive. At Concho, investing in our people has been essential to our success. We value the excellence in each of us, we face and overcome challenges together, we inspire and develop tomorrow’s leaders, and yes, we have fun at work.
Senior Reservoir Engineer
The Senior Reservoir Engineer’s responsibilities include:
- Work as part of the Business Development Technical Team to evaluate acquisition, divestiture, and trade opportunities
- Serve as a technical expert and liaison between Business Development and other departments within the organization.
- Monitor and analyze competitor data to build internal type curve models to assist with valuing acreage inside and outside of Concho’s operated areas
- Interpret well results in the context of reservoir fluids, completion design, flowback strategy, and artificial lift installation from a reservoir engineering standpoint
- Work closely with Exploration, BD, or asset team geologists to interpret well results and assign estimated upside value of additional zones inside and outside Concho operated areas
- Work with Business Development Technical Team and other departments to form technical views on active areas within the organization’s core areas
- Perform audits, lookbacks, and technical reviews on projects at key milestones
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; petroleum engineering preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of direct work experience as a reservoir engineer
- Demonstrated experience and competencies in team work, project management, and skills related to the E&P lifecycle
- Experience in oil and gas reserve estimations using SEC rules, decline curve analysis, production surveillance, and economic evaluations
- Direct work experience and proficiency with economic evaluation software (Aries experience beneficial) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to work in the United States indefinitely
- Experience in Access, Excel, ARIES, IHS, Spotfire
- Prior work experience and a broad understanding of the E&P business, Permian Basin experience preferred
COG Operating LLC (Concho) uses e-Verify to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.