|Date Posted||February 9, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Ecopetrol America Incorporated - Houston, TX
The incumbent is an experienced professional, providing technical contribution and adding value in all aspects of reservoir engineering. He or she is capable of providing expert assistance in assessing new and existing prospects, discoveries and fields, and strategizing with the associated teams on field exploitation. This individual leads the SEC reserves and contingent resource progression processes for Ecopetrol America, and develops and maintains production forecasts in collaboration with the development & production team.
These activities are in support of the strategic initiative to safely, responsibly, and profitably grow reserves and production through the full cycle exploration, development, and production of oil & gas resources in offshore basins including the Gulf of Mexico, the Colombian Caribbean, Brazil, and other identified areas of focus.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide reservoir engineering expertise in the maturation of field development opportunities that maximize the value of the offshore portfolio and support corporate goals and objectives.
- Reserves process, production reporting and forecasting, including history match simulation are primary duties
- Perform reservoir characterization including basic log analysis, well test interpretation (PTA), PVT and SCAL analysis.
- Conduct well performance surveillance and accurate production forecasting utilizing classic reservoir engineering methods and/or reservoir simulation.
- Lead the SEC reserves process and the progression of resources and reserves in Gulf of Mexico offshore assets from discovery to depletion
- Participate in peer reviews of exploration risk and resource estimation processes; ensure internal processes are adhered to in conducting evaluations.
- Support Exploration and New Ventures organizations with development planning expertise for lease sale and farm-in evaluations as assigned.
- Actively collaborate with partners on non-operated assets in development planning, reserves estimation, and production forecasting.
- Actively support HSE procedures and display leadership in building safety culture
- Understand and assure compliance with all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements
- Apply systematic processes to manage risk in all areas of responsibility
- Manage intellectual property, information and knowledge in compliance with company policies
- Maintain awareness and assure compliance with Joint Venture and other contractual agreements
- Assure appropriate control and reporting of activities and work plans in areas of responsibility
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a US, Canadian, UK or other internationally recognized university. Masters and/or PhD preferred.
Computer Skills :
Proficient in MS Office applications
Overall Experience Requirement :
10 years reservoir engineering experience applicable to deep water offshore development & production
7 years E&P direct employment that includes SEC reserves, production forecasting, and involvement in development major capital projects
Job Type: Full-time
Local candidates only:
- Houston, TX
- Reservoir Engineering: 10 years