|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||July 20, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
If your interests lie in driving aggressive development plans and growth projects while engaging in competitor analysis, surveillance, tactical execution and strategic planning across multiple disciplines (reservoir, geology, drilling, completions, operations and facilities) with the collaborative support and expertise required to deliver outstanding results, then this position may be the right fit for you. You will be part of an integrated team of highly qualified geoscientists, engineers, and technicians striving to expedite and optimize economic recovery of hydrocarbons from some of the largest, most challenging reservoirs in the U.S. You will find that the project inventory, the utilization of new technology, and the entrepreneur spirit are unique in the industry, providing the right candidates with a professionally fulfilling experience.
As a Reservoir Engineer you will be part of an integrated team of highly qualified geoscientists, engineers, and technicians striving to technically and commercially evaluate, and appraise exploitation and development drilling opportunities in and around Permian fields to implement our growth program. The candidate should have a keen desire to creatively apply new and off the shelf technologies and workflows to reservoir characterization and reservoir/production monitoring.
Using state of the art tools, a Reservoir Engineer will characterize reservoir properties, assess development options, and orchestrate the implementation of reservoir management plans, all with the collaborative support and expertise required to deliver outstanding results.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or relevant field of study
• Minimum 5 years reservoir engineering experience in oil & gas development
• Shale/Unconventional Play exposure/experience
• Strong knowledge of reservoir engineering concepts and applications
• Knowledge of economic evaluation and business financial metrics
• Creative thinker with a desire to challenge the status quo and conventional thinking with the ability to implement new ideas, processes and technologies
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information and tight deadlines
• Excellent time management skills with ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently and meet tight deadlines
• Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills with experience working in a multi-discipline team environment
• Strong communication skills with ability to effectively share information to mentor/develop others
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Permian Basin experience
• Demonstrated expertise in analytical modeling tools such as Ecrin suite (Saphir, Topaze, Rubis)
• Demonstrated knowledge of reservoir flow simulation using Eclipse, VIP and others
• Working knowledge of 3D geologic models (Petrel, etc.) as input to simulation.
• Experience with Merak/PEEP, DSS software and Crystal Ball or similar risk analysis suite
• Understand of well planning, drilling and completion operations
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
- United States-Texas-Houston
- CORP FUNC