|Date Posted||November 6, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
TOTAL E&P Americas, LLC located in Houston, Texas, has an immediate opening for a Sr. Reservoir Engineer to join our newly created Exploration Hub.
The Senior Reservoir Engineer will work and act as a technical team lead for the geosciences and reservoir engineering evaluations which support business decisions regarding acquisition of Discovered Resources Opportunities (DRO) in the Americas/Gulf of Mexico. The Engineer will be responsible for the value assessment of exploration prospects in the Americas/Gulf of Mexico.
The Engineer will work closely with other departments in charge of development studies (Drilling, Facilities, Economics), for both DRO and prospect studies. Strong experience with the GOM should allow the Engineer to challenge key parameters of the development and economic studies.
- Contribute to the identification of DRO opportunities and follow up on their evolution
- Manage technical interpretations & studies to acquire previously discovered hydrocarbon resources (DRO)
- Contribute to the quality and coherency of DRO studies and Reservoir Engineering aspects of Prospects Studies
- Elaborate the prospect production profiles and parametric studies in cooperation with the regional Exploration Managers
- Liaise with development teams to ensure a consistent definition of the development alternatives
- Challenge key parameters of development and economic studies by benchmarking field performances, well performances, development concepts, planning assumptions, and costs
- Implement innovative solutions to improve the profitability of projects (DRO) or prospects
- Ensure the relevance of regional knowledge and themes, including competitors’ activities, organization and future plans
- Assist, coordinate and guarantee the quality of all the needs from other departments in Reservoir Engineering
- 10-15+ years of petroleum & reservoir engineering experience
- Significant experience in reservoir, field development evaluations in the Gulf Of Mexico deep offshore
- Prior experience as a technical team lead for integrated field studies for offshore/deep offshore projects in the Gulf of Mexico (geosciences, reservoir engineering, development)
- Master’s degree in earth sciences/engineering
Ideal candidate will be a team player who listens well and has the ability to influence decision making. Excellent communication and cross-functionality is desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V