|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||September 13, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Reservoir Engineer within our Exploitation group based in Houston, Texas.
If your interests lie in driving aggressive development plans, while engaging in competitor analysis, surveillance and strategic planning across multiple disciplines (reservoir, geology, drilling, completions, operations and facilities) with the collaborative support and expertise required to deliver outstanding results, then this position may be the right fit for you. You will be part of an integrated team of highly qualified geoscientists, engineers, and technicians striving to expedite and optimize economic recovery of hydrocarbons from some of the largest, most challenging reservoirs in the U.S. You will find that the project inventory, the utilization of new technology, and the entrepreneur spirit are unique in the industry, providing the right candidates with a professionally fulfilling experience.
If you are interested in joining a fast-paced, action-oriented team, apply for this position.
Essential Job Duties:
• Coordinate the creation of field development plans for designated key fields within the Permian Basin
• Develop economic models that connect the activities associated with Development Plans to financial outcomes
• Track implementation of plans and surveillance for assigned properties; incorporate learnings into amended and/or next generation plans
• Serve as the reservoir development focal point for reservoir characterization and field appraisal efforts for assigned properties
• Interact with members of the Exploitation Subsurface Characterization, Stimulation Design, Analysis & Interpretation, and Recovery Process teams, the Resources Business Units, and key support organizations to create and document optimum, value-based (driven by production, reserves, costs, lost opportunity) Field Development Plans for assigned properties
• Bachelor of Science degree in petroleum engineering or related field required.
• 10 years of reservoir engineering experience, including creating type curves, production forecasts and economic analysis.
• Experience with generating development plans for unconventional reservoirs.
• Experience reporting reserves and familiarity with the reserve process.
• Familiar with key software, such as PEEP and OFM preferred.
• Creative thinker with a desire to challenge the status quo and conventional thinking with the ability to implement new ideas, processes and technologies
• Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities with the ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information and tight deadlines
• Excellent time management skills with ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently and meet tight deadlines
• Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills with experience working in a multi-discipline team environment
• Strong communication skills with ability to effectively share information to mentor/develop others
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran