|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||August 16, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
OXY is a growing, action-oriented exploration and production company continually working to be one of industry’s best. Our success has and will continue to be dependent upon our talented workforce. We are currently looking for experienced, motivated, creative and entrepreneurial individuals to fill a reservoir engineering position based in Houston, Texas.
As a reservoir engineer, you will work within a multi-discipline reservoir management team (RMT) consisting of geoscientists and engineers involved in the assessment and development of the leasehold position in the Permian. Duties include reserves assessment, well forecasts, project economic evaluation, and development of business plans, optimizing the value of the asset, monitoring and performance analysis of non-operated and operated wells. Mentoring of less experienced or intern reservoir engineers within the RMT will be required. Some overnight travel to field location as appropriate.
• BS or higher in Petroleum Engineering (or related engineering discipline), with a minimum of 5 years of reservoir engineering experience. Preferably with some unconventional reservoirs experience.
• Demonstrated ability to apply reservoir engineering techniques to identify opportunities and create value.
• Experience with reserve estimation techniques and knowledge of SEC/PRMS reserves guidelines.
• Proficiency at economic evaluation and risk/uncertainty assessment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Cooperative and interactive team player.
• Demonstrated creative approach to problem solving.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle some ambiguity in analysis.
• Solid organizational and time management skills.
• Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Experience in tight oil, unconventional oil resource plays, ideally in Permian region of West Texas/New Mexico.
• Proficiency with an economics analysis software, preferably PEEP.
• Experience with utilizing production database software, preferably OFM.
• Experience with pressure transient analysis (PTA) and rate transient analysis (RTA), preferably using Fekete or Kappa Sapphire/Topaze software.
• Some reservoir modeling experience, preferably Eclipse or Kappa Rubis.
• Data analysis experience, preferably with Spotfire.