|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||July 17, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||7|
Reservoir Optimization Engineer
The Reservoir Optimization Engineer will report to the Asset Manager, focusing on activities related to implementation of the business plan. This role will work closely with Production and Completions engineering staff to optimize well completions and operations activities and investigate rate and pressure data to identify opportunities to influence/improve completion design choices. This position will also surveil production data to identify performance changes, and recommend recovery plans in coordination with Production and Facilities Engineering. In addition, this position will perform various business and commercial evaluations and provide surveillance of competitor activities.
- Coordinate preparation of projects for authorization and implementation.
- Field surveillance from an RE perspective.
- Support for Completions design choices.
- Short term forecasting and input into the budget and long range plan.
- Observing field production data for performance trends.
- Support base production performance, and identify optimization activities.
- Providing field performance insights back to the planning engineer.
- Investigate lift performance / choke management strategies.
- Manage implementation of pilot tests, data gathering activities.
- Business and commercial evaluations – small A&D opportunities, commercial options.
- Competitor surveillance and analysis.
- Strong analytical skills including Spotfire expertise
- Familiarity with unconventional reservoir completion techniques
- Familiarity with production operations
- Solid reservoir engineering skillset (material balance, decline curve, subsurface G&G characterization, RTA/PTA analysis)
- Economic evaluation
- Strong teamwork and coordination skills
- Reserve booking
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience including multiple years supporting unconventional assets.
- Must be a self starter, motivated, with good organizational & reasoning skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and willing to learn other computer applications.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-discipline professionals and individuals at all levels.