|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||November 26, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Contango Oil and Gas Company - Houston, TX
Supervisor: SVP of Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
Contango Oil & Gas Company is a Houston based, independent oil and natural gas company. The Company's business is to explore, develop, exploit, produce and acquire crude oil and natural gas properties in the onshore Texas and Rocky Mountain regions of the United States and shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico ("GOM").
The Company historically focused operations in the GOM. In 2013 the Company completed a merger with Crimson Exploration Inc., which provided access to lower risk, long life onshore resource plays. After the 2013 merger, the Company's acquisition and drilling activity has focused primarily onshore to include the Woodbine oil and liquids-rich play in Madison and Grimes counties, Buda Limestone oil and liquids-rich play in Zavala and Dimmit counties, Cretaceous Sands in Fayette and Gonzales counties, and in Wyoming.
The Company recently entered the Permian as a result of an acquisition in the Delaware Basin. The Senior Reservoir Engineer will play a vital role in the development of that asset and the expansion of the Company's Permian position. It is anticipated that the Permian will be the primary focus of the Company over the next several years.
The goal of the Senior Reservoir Engineer role is to maximize shareholder value by making business recommendations based on expert technical evaluations and sound economics. This role has the ability to effect short and long-term business goals. The successful candidate in this role must be able to work well independently, in cross-functional teams, and with senior management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to evaluate business development opportunities; deliver technical presentations to senior management supporting evaluations
- Provide technical support for the development of the company's Permian assets
- Perform reserve and economic evaluations of drilling, recompletion, workover and acquisition opportunities
- Monitor reservoir performance and recommend operational actions for improvement
- Maintain reserve estimates for all fields
- Perform SEC reserve evaluation annually; coordinate year end reporting with external auditors
- Seek opportunities to network outside the company to build relationships and gather information that leads to future business opportunities
- Build strong working relationships with Operations, Exploration and Finance teams
- Protect the intellectual property rights of the Company
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Petroleum, Mechanical, Chemical, or other related engineering field
- 10 to 15 years of experience in the oil and gas exploration and production industry
- Minimum 4 years of recent, relevant reservoir engineering experience in the Permian
- Experience with unconventional plays
- Expert knowledge in reservoir engineering practices and production forecasting
- Extensive knowledge of economic evaluations
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills; candidate will present to company executives
- Strong listening, questioning, clarifying and summarizing skills to effectively communicate in 1-on-1 and small group settings
- Advanced knowledge of methods for treating risk and uncertainty in oil and gas E&P projects
- Proactive analytical skills with heavy attention to detail
- Proven ability to influence, collaborate and constructively challenge within a multi-disciplinary team
- Proven ability to represent company interests with external organizations
- Highly proficient in using the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Highly proficient using ARIES for forecasting
Complete our employment application and upload your resume to the Careers page of our website at www.contango.com or go directly to our jobs page at http://contango.applicantpro.com/jobs/.
Contango Oil & Gas Company offers competitive salary, cash bonus and stock incentive bonus plans. The Company also offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical/dental/vision plans, company paid life and disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan contribution matching with 100% immediate vesting, paid vacation and sick time, and much more.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered. Contango Oil & Gas Company regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas for this position.
Contango Oil & Gas Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, or pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Contango's online application as a result of your disability. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (713) 236-7410 to request reasonable accommodation(s).