|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 2, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
CNPC USA is actively seeking creative, innovative, best-in-class experts to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Senior Reservoir Engineer. The right candidate will be working on worldwide assets that are owned by CNPC, especially on the unconventional plays and special condition reservoirs. The candidate will be exposed to various stages of the reservoir development life cycle, from seismic analysis, to laboratory core testing, to well planning and production analysis. This position requires excellent organizational and communications skills, and the ability to perform detailed analysis in view of the business goals. The candidate will independently develop and apply highly advanced reservoir/reserves engineering theories, technologies, scientific principles, and concepts to perform complex tasks related to maximizing recovery of unconventional reserves and economic efficiency in the continued development of existing assets.
- Carry out field and reservoir studies and perform reservoir engineering functions including decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc.
- Evaluate and initiate exploitation opportunities including new drill wells and workovers.
- Prepare production forecasts, operating plans, expenditure forecasts, etc. and evaluate economic models for asset valuations and budget preparation.
- Support exploration teams in evaluation of projects including construction of economic models, probabilistic estimation of reserve potential, play analysis, production forecasting and evaluation of possible development scenarios.
- Perform risked economic assessments including decision tree analysis.
- Develop knowledge of basic well/prospect/project economics, risk analysis, and cost vs. value technical data.
- Support drilling and completions operations throughout well construction process
- Conduct all business activities in agreement with CNPC USA core values.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on time, on target, with quality and sustainability.
- Proficiency in reservoir management and development practices including material balance, field development planning, reservoir surveillance, reservoir performance modeling and production forecasting.
- Demonstrated results in improving the profitability of oil and gas fields using reservoir analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to forecast reserves using multiple techniques.
- Proficiency in analyzing pressure transient and fluid property data.
· Experience working with SAGD and heavy oil Completions.
- MS in Petroleum Engineering, advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct Reservoir Engineer experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and the ability to lift 20lbs and bend is required.
This position requires some overnight international and domestic travel. Local travel between other CNPC USA locations and testing facilities is required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities but is responsible for mentoring less experience staff members.
CNPC USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Disclaimer: The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.