|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||March 20, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
CNPC USA is actively seeking creative, innovative, best-in-class experts to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Senior Reservoir Engineer. The right candidate will be working on worldwide assets that are owned by CNPC, especially on the unconventional plays and special condition reservoirs. The candidate will be exposed to various stages of the reservoir development life cycle, from seismic analysis, to laboratory core testing, to well planning and production analysis. This position requires excellent organizational and communications skills, and the ability to perform detailed analysis in view of the business goals. The candidate will independently develop and apply highly advanced reservoir/reserves engineering theories, technologies, scientific principles, and concepts to perform complex tasks related to maximizing recovery of unconventional reserves and economic efficiency in the continued development of existing assets.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Carry out field and reservoir studies and perform reservoir engineering functions including decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc.
- Evaluate and initiate exploitation opportunities including new drill wells and workovers.
- Prepare production forecasts, operating plans, expenditure forecasts, etc. and evaluate economic models for asset valuations and budget preparation.
- Support exploration teams in evaluation of projects including construction of economic models, probabilistic estimation of reserve potential, play analysis, production forecasting and evaluation of possible development scenarios.
- Perform risked economic assessments including decision tree analysis.
- Develop knowledge of basic well/prospect/project economics, risk analysis, and cost vs. value technical data.
- Support drilling and completions operations throughout well construction process
- Conduct all business activities in agreement with CNPC USA core values.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on time, on target, with quality and sustainability.
- Experience working with SAGD and heavy oil Completions.
- Proficiency in reservoir management and development practices including material balance, field development planning, reservoir surveillance, reservoir performance modeling and production forecasting.
- Demonstrated results in improving the profitability of oil and gas fields using reservoir analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to forecast reserves using multiple techniques.
- Proficiency in analyzing pressure transient and fluid property data.
- MS in Petroleum Engineering, advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct Reservoir Engineer experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America
- Ability to work in an office environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.