|Date Posted||September 16, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
- Carry out, evaluate and QC the reservoir history match models (reservoir and well level) of all reservoirs in company operated and non-operated fields
- Carry out and contribute to Field Development Plans for green field projects and brown field redevelopment projects using type curves for well performance or reservoir simulation model by conducting prediction simulation scenario
- Optimize Field Development Plans by estimating well performance using decline curves or reservoir simulation scenario (reservoir recovery mechanism, well spacing, well placement, standard or intelligent well completion). Encourage exchange of know-how between professionals across the team boundaries
- Monitor reservoir behaviour and evaluate reservoir performance in all producing fields, recommend and implement necessary technical and operational actions with respect to; water and/or gas injection, infill drilling, well work over programs, abandonment
- Recommend, implement, and monitor production tests, well test, and related interpretation and analysis. Devise well testing programs including gauge specifications, flowing period and shut-in time. Participates in production logging and reservoir/surface sampling requirements
- Works closely with production engineer to plan details of drill stem and well test
- Ensure that data is obtained during initial completion in an executable format for both short terms and long term field development
- Carry out other studies based on the derived test results and the application of other reservoir engineering techniques (e.g. isobaric maps, iso-permeability maps)
- Carry out other similar or related duties such as collecting all data related to well testing production/injecting, and participates in defining requirements for operations such as PVT sampling and analyses, coring, SCAL, etc. in liaison with petroleum engineer and geologist
- Coordinate with Geology & Geophysics, Production and Drilling teams on reservoir management parameters in order to provide necessary input data to monitor progress of all company operated and non-operated wells including geo-steering of horizontal wells
- Uses latest technology (often state of the art) to carry out analyses on data obtained from well and field tests in order to define well and reservoir parameters, such as reservoir permeability, reservoir pressure, formation damage, well productivity and infectivity index
- Carry out complex 3D simulation model studies, single well and sector models, to monitor reservoir and individual well performance
- Carry out regular updating of Company's reserve estimates for all fields based on data acquisition and understanding of the fields' properties, reservoir characteristics, reservoir behaviours and prediction of reservoir simulation model or well type curves.
- Actively and effectively participate in technical meetings of joint venture companies and presents company's views on various subjects
- Keep abreast of related developments within the oil development industry. Prepare reports and papers on developments and industry trends, distributing to colleagues in the Division.
- Provides development of less experienced engineers through company mentor system and develops individual training scheme
- Carries out other duties at the request of the Head of North America Assets DEV. & MGMT
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- BSc in Petroleum/Chemical Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline
- +10 years of experience in reservoir engineering applications, well testing analysis and reservoir monitoring including at least 5 years in reservoir simulation studies.
- Very good experience in reservoir simulation and modelling software other reservoir engineering tools
- Working experience in exploitation of non-conventional reservoirs is an important requirement