|Date Posted||October 10, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are the largest electric and gas utility in Michigan with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America. We are a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with businesses in 26 different states.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
We care for our employees and prioritize their health and safety first. Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
· Gallup Great Workplace Award for 3 consecutive Years! (2013, 2014 and 2015)
· Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
· J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
· Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
· Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
· Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
· Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering and geological principles to plan, design, construct and maintain gas storage integrity, capacity and deliverability to meet market demands. Makes decisions independently, utilizing advanced techniques and the modification and extension of current theories and practices to resolve unique and complex technical issues. Applies diversified knowledge to determine gas reserves, production forecasting and facility requirements to enhance and/or protect corporate cash flow and earnings. Extensive computer modeling is utilized to obtain results for the preceding responsibilities.
1) Maintain storage field and well deliverability to meet peak day requirements, many times under immediate time constraints.
2) Economically driven maintenance and enhancement via state-of-the-art techniques.
3) Storage field design for both current and future multi-million dollar investments.
4) Advanced well and reservoir performance simulation.
5) Interpret corrosion and related logs and /or determination of required remedial work to proactively prevent well leaks.
6) Advanced reserve and flowrate forecasts for use in multi-million dollar projects or equivalent.
7) Integrated well capability and gathering pipeline design and cost minimization.
8) Financial analysis of technical alternatives including cost-of-service and cost/benefit analysis.
9) On-site work direction during stimulation, workovers and/or well drilling or plugging as needed.
10) Inventory verification and well integrity preservation.
11) Database development and maintenance.
1) Bachelor of Science in Petroleum or Geological Engineering or equivalent and five or more years diverse job experience. Major oil or gas industry experience and professional registration preferred.
2) Qualified candidates will possess at least four of the six qualifications below and an extensive understanding of Excel, reservoir engineering/geological software’s and database management:
- Advanced knowledge of gas-storage deliverability mechanisms, transient flow test analyses, and stimulation techniques and inventory analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of production drive mechanisms and oil- and gas-in-place determination techniques.
- Use of Nodal analysis methods to provide rate and pressure forecasts to the plant inlet.
- Experience in the selection of vendors for services and materials, completing or coordinating material procurement, landowner contacts and state filings.
- Directing field and office projects (with both internal employees and external contractors) for drilling, testing, maintenance and stimulation of storage wells. Project management experience preferred
- Responsibility for maintenance of reservoir department records and equipment, tracking inventory and disposing of surplus equipment as required.
3) Experienced in technical paper preparation and presentation of testimony as an expert witness.
4) Must be able to develop and manage budgets.
5) Must be able to work with people at all levels both within and outside the Company.
6) Must be able to make clear and concise presentations to all levels of management.
7) Must have a valid driver’s license, provide a suitable vehicle for use on Company business and meet Company driving standards.