|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||July 12, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Generate shareholder value through the implementation of field enhancement/development projects and acquisition of undervalued properties.
Discovery Natural Resources LLC is a domestic, onshore exploration and production company with operations in Texas and Kansas. The company employs over 200 people and has over 1,000 wells in operation.
- Work with teams to evaluate and perform detailed assessments of potential acquisition and divestiture candidates.
- Provide reservoir engineering support as needed for ongoing drilling programs.
- Reservoir surveillance of existing company properties to monitor production performance and make recommendations for optimization of production rates and reserves.
- Carry out field and reservoir studies as part of an integrated team and perform reservoir engineering functions including decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics, waterflood studies, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis, etc.
- Work with teams to evaluate and initiate exploitation opportunities including new drill wells and workovers.
- Prepare production forecasts, operating plans, expenditure forecasts, etc. and evaluate economic models for asset valuations and budget preparation.
- Prepare project economics as required for exploitation and exploration operations.
- Support exploration teams in evaluation of projects including construction of economic models, probabilistic estimation of reserve potential, play analysis, production forecasting, evaluation of possible development scenarios, commercial thresholds, capital commitments, operating expenses and overall operational plans.
- Organize and maintain well and field data information to establish reserve revisions as appropriate for semi-annual reporting and to provide engineering consulting firms with appropriate data in a concise format for year-end reserve determinations.
- Attend non-operated partner meetings as needed and provide technical input to reservoir, production and operational concerns.
- Make presentations to senior management and partners as required.
- BS in Engineering with minimum 10 years of reservoir engineering experience and a technical competency in key areas of reservoir engineering.
- Exposure to field operations, production and drilling activities.
- Experience in exploration evaluations including trend analysis studies, risk analysis and risked economic modeling.
- Experience with secondary recovery projects.
- Experience with horizontal unconventional/tight sands projects.
- Experience working in a corporate reserves environment with unconventional/tight sands projects.
- Must have a working knowledge of commercial oil and gas economics software. Must be experienced user of ARIES Windows.
- Must be proficient in use of PC's (IBM compatible) and Microsoft Office.
- Must have good presentation, communication and technical writing skills. Must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and team needs and meet established deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter interested in working in a team-oriented environment that delivers a high quality, comprehensive, well-planned work product.
- Must be comfortable working independently and making recommendations to Senior Management.
- Exposure to reservoir engineering analysis software considered a plus.
*Work is performed in a standard office setting. Occasional trips to field locations may be required.