|Date Posted||July 1, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Senior Reservoir Engineer - Dallas/Fort Worth Area
- Analyze prospective plays and joint venture opportunities by providing reserve estimates, cost estimates, and production forecasts.
- Provide prospect and economic analysis for capital expenditures.
- Act as key participant in developing annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Focus on maximizing asset value.
- Engage as a key team member in technical meetings in a multi-discipline asset team environment to include geology, engineering, land, marketing and drilling.
- Conduct economic evaluation of acquisitions/divestitures, exploration, and development opportunities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Petroluem Engineering.
- Experience working with joint venture programs in a business or asset team environment.
- Multi-basin experience (primarily focused on Texas & Oklahoma).
- Minimum of five years oil and gas reservoir engineering experience.
- Three years of operations experience preferred.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong experience in economic evaluations and a proficient user with PhdWin, Aries, or other commonly accepted forecasting tools.
- Strong experience with formation evaluation, applied core analysis, reservoir characterization and reservoir modeling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations.
- Ability to deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Salary and equity participation commensurate with experience.
About this company
Makaira Oil & Gas is a Fort Worth based upstream oil and gas company. Our core goals lie in the acquisition of non-operated assets in high graded basins/plays in both Texas and Oklahoma. We achieve this through strategic joint ventures and responsible transactions.