|Location||Dallas / Fort Worth Area, Texas|
|Date Posted||August 16, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||12|
The primary objective of the position is to add value through the successful appraisal and development of Kosmos’ asset portfolio. To accomplish this objective, the Senior Reservoir Engineer will construct and maintain dynamic models in conjunction with the team Geologist and Geophysicist. These models will be used to make predictions for a variety of field development scenarios and underpin field development plans. The Senior Reservoir Engineer will report to Kosmos Management, Partners and the appropriate Governmental Agency on a regular basis to update on the progress to characterize the subsurface and achieve their objectives.
Essential Job Duties
The successful candidate will have a strong background in optimizing reservoir management programs through the analysis of high rate, subsea, production, injection and pressure data and possess a demonstrated track record of executing deepwater development drilling programs in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
The key job responsibilities for this position include:
- Handle surveillance of production, injection and pressure data.
- Develop an optimized drainage plan for all phases of development.
- Support reserve and resource estimates, by deterministic and probabilistic methods.
- Participate in development engineering from a grass roots level through to full FDP.
- Conduct technical evaluations of reserves and fluid distributions in individual reservoir systems, utilizing petrophysical, geological, seismic and production data.
- Prepare reservoir development plans and capital costs forecast.
- Build dynamic reservoir simulation models. Conduct reservoir simulation history matching for reserves monitoring and optimizing recovery efficiency under primary and secondary recovery mechanisms.
- Perform pressure transient test analyses including buildups, falloffs, and multi-well interference tests (Saphir) and maintain kh/skin, productivity, & shut-in pressure databases.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Prefer 12-15 years’ experience, ideally with an operator on field developments.
- Solid understanding of geological and geophysical work processes. Ability to integrate seismic, well data and reservoir engineering data to characterize reservoirs, identify and evaluate drilling opportunities.
- Ability to prepare reservoir development plans and capital costs forecast.
- Experience in completing field depletion plans - creating robust development scenarios for fields: well types, number location, timing.
- Outstanding skill in building dynamic reservoir simulation models using Eclipse and, preferably, Enable software as well. Conduct reservoir simulation history matching for reserves monitoring and optimizing recovery efficiency under primary and secondary recovery mechanisms.
- Significant experience in reservoir management activities including volumetric, risk and resource assessment, as well as, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis and numerical simulation.
- Experience with classical reservoir engineering techniques such as material balance, decline curve analysis, and nodal analysis.
- Experience with SEC / PRMS reserve and resource classification and determination techniques is essential.
- Experience in economic and commercial analysis is preferred.
- Experience in pressure-volume-temperature (PVT), Geochemical and core analyses, as well as, design and interpretation of drill stem and injectivity tests are a plus.
Professional and Personal Attributes
- Must have a strong work ethic, and a reputation for the highest degree of integrity and business judgment.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment. Must be an energetic self-starter with a passion for their work. An engaged, “hands on” team player.
- Highly motivated
- Someone who readily generates ideas; shows creativity and ingenuity and provides solutions.
- A very confident professional who constantly raises the bar and presses the organization toward a higher level of achievement
- Has little need for close management supervision and direction, and is comfortable and effective in an informal operating environment.
- Must be able to work with diverse employees, partners and governments from all parts of the world.
Bachelor of Science degree in Petroleum Engineering