|Date Posted||November 6, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
The Reservoir Engineer will perform all reservoir engineering activities on assigned fields including but not limited to : creating or modifying the strategic development plan, identifying opportunities to pursue additional recovery, building reserve economic cases, technically defending reserves, monitoring reservoir performance, setting the injection and takeoff targets for the wells in the field. The RE will also provide support to the technical team members to design and perform a surveillance program to identify field performance issues, optimize use of compression and other processing resources. The RE will work with technical team members to maximize cash-flow, make well decisions based on economic analysis, and identify faulting and other forms of compartmentalization that affect reservoir behavior.
- Work in mulch-discipline teams to develop and manager tertiary CO2 floods
- Identify, design, and evaluate development projects to improve reservoir value
- Monitor reservoir performance against expectations for long-term recovery and flooding efficiency
- Prepare and defend reserves and long-term business plan forecasts for area of responsibility
- Optimize flood performance through pattern balancing, well-test analysis, injection profiles, and production logging
- Assist Geologists in preparing reservoir descriptions through well log, core, well performance, and well test analysis
- Train and utilize engineering technicians
- 10+ years experience REQUIRED!
- Must have the majority of experience within an operating company NOT a service company.
- BS in Engineering with a preference for Petroleum Engineering
- Must have EOR experience ( Enhanced Oil Recovery) REQUIRED! ie: CO2 is the best, waterflooding, gas flooding is acceptable. (Candidates who have worked with Oxy and Kinder Morgan do have the CO2 experience)
- Experience with economics and surveillance software DSS and Aries strongly preferred
**Please apply only if you have the essential requirements and experience