|Date Posted||October 3, 2017|
KUFPEC Canada Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Reservoir Engineer. This position is based in Calgary, AB and will report to the Country Manager and the Chief Petroleum. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing reservoir engineering expertise for optimizing the performance of assigned assets through the appropriate development, acquisition and/or divestment with minimal guidance from the Country Manager and the Chief Petroleum with the aim of maximising asset profitability; Assist Chief Petroleum in the Region’s budgeting and planning process;
In addition, acting with the Country Manager and the Chief Petroleum, supervise Petroleum engineers and UDs and ensure they perform assigned tasks effectively and efficiently and develop their competence on the job. The position offers an excellent opportunity for individual growth in a challenging and rewarding work environment.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and analyse results of various reservoir engineering studies for dedicated assets to identify and/or optimize field and/or additional development plans
- Evaluate as part of an multi disciplinary team acquisition opportunities and the economic value of the same
- Analyze reservoir and well performance data and develop/supervise reservoir surveillance programs and reservoir management activities.
- Optimize production and recovery using data acquisition, interpretation and analysis as well as techniques such as static and dynamic modelling by making use of reservoir simulation software, well test interpretation, reservoir surveillance (OFM etc.) and well performance modelling (Prosper)
- Ensure effective reserves evaluation, classification and booking under the guidance of the Country Manager and the Chief Petroleum. Defend assessments at Peer Reviews, Reservoir Management Committee meetings and to executive management. Maintain reserves/ resources in the reserve data base system for the assigned assets and ensure regular and effective execution of periodic reserve audits
- Perform periodic technical audits in conjunction with geologists and geophysicists for KUFPEC’s assets to optimize hydrocarbon recovery; Develop, in-conjunction with Geologists, accurate and usable reservoir description to estimate reserves
- Represent KUFPEC at Technical and Operating Committee Meetings, workshops, farm out presentations and industry technical conferences to ensure that KUFPEC strategic, technical and financial aims are met.
- Monitor review and ensure coordinated, effective, and efficient performance of various Operator-related activities by Area Office based Reservoir Engineering teams in the future.
- Critically evaluate operator reservoir studies and make sure that the Operator will consider and objectively respond to KUFPEC’s comments
- Supervise preparation of Reservoir Engineering input to periodic production performance reports/audits for management
- Manage projects for specified assets (technical and financial) in the capacity of Project Coordinator; Monitor operator’s technical activity, budgets, AFEs, expenditures, production forecasting and proposals. Supervise annual budgeting and reserves reporting to reduce risk exposure associated with assigned project(s)
- Recommend suitable interventions to the Country Manager and the Chief Petroleum based on a review of monthly and quarterly activity reports produced and other analyses prepared by the Reservoir Engineering team
- Participate in Corporate Peer Reviews to support the quality and consistency of technical work
- Support the Country Manager and the Chief Petroleum in finalization of the division’s annual budget and five year plan based on forecasts and inputs received from respective Area offices in the concerned region.
- Perform technical related operation program and make sure that the JV Partners will consider and objectively respond to KUFPEC’s recommendations
- Prepare presentations, reports and technical materials needed for RBA (Request for board approval), whenever a case needs to be presented to Senior Management; Present and defend as required.
People Management Duties
- Provide on the job coaching and mentoring to help develop capabilities of team members to enable them to grow technically and perform their job effectively and efficiently.
- Provide ongoing feedback in an objective and effective manner and appraise performance of any team members reporting to the position.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- High degree of professionalism, with a confident, assertive style.
- Team oriented, with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strategic working relationships.
- Ability to deal effectively with all types of people, build and maintain supportive relationships with key business contacts.
- Decision making, organisational and time management skills - with attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills and discretion required to deal with sensitive nature of operational issues.
- MINIMUM RELATED EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE**
- Academic Background* : Bachelor degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent discipline*
- Related Work Experience: * Minimum 10-15 years of experience in a varied exposure operating E&P; company role; The employee must have demonstrable experience/expertise in a reservoir engineering role including both reservoir engineering and field development aspects along with considerable experience in reservoir modelling and reservoir simulation. He/she must also have had experience of leading teams of petroleum/reservoir engineers.*
CLOSING DATE: October 11, 2017
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time