|Date Posted||July 11, 2017|
Primary Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Vice President, Wapiti Development, the successful candidate will provide Reservoir Engineering and Economic Evaluation expertise to Sinopec’s liquids rich Wapiti Montney asset. The primary focus of the position will be on technical interpretation and evaluation of the Wapiti Montney appraisal & development program.
The Senior Reservoir Engineer will be a strong technical leader, utilizing good communication skills to work across disciplines. They will help define the standards in the areas of (Montney) reservoir management, well design & new technology idea generation and implementation. This person will also have shared responsibility for identifying and implementing industry best practices and continuous improvement ideas.
This is a key role within Sinopec Canada and the successful candidate will work with a team of high performing technical professionals and gain exposure across the organization.
- Lead the development of the sub-surface/reservoir planning that considers; well design, spacing, stratigraphic and geographic delineation, type curve generation to advance the understanding of the play.
- Work closely with the Geoscience team to build accurate reservoir models and understanding
- Develop methods to continually monitor and communicate reservoir performance
- Propose and implement data collection methods for new and existing wells, evaluate the data and use results toward future operational and reservoir improvements.
- Work closely with drilling, completions and production staff to optimize future results and existing production
- Provide detailed economic analysis of budgeted activity and the (Wapiti) full development plan.
- Prepare presentations and reports to gain approvals on various projects
- Assist in the coordination and generation of technical reviews and lookbacks
Position Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Significant unconventional experience with respect to well planning, design and execution.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of unconventional reservoir engineering
- The ability to assimilate multi-disciplinary data and interpretations leading to a reservoir understanding and, ultimately, an optimized development plan.
- A strong economic analysis background on both an individual well and large scale project basis
- High level of aptitude with industry software including Accumap, Mosaic, Enersight, Tableau etc.
- Strong communication, organizational, multi-disciplinary integration and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to present ideas and projects clearly too technical staff, senior management and executives.
- Willingness to share & disseminate information and ideas across teams and the broader organization
- Demonstrated ability to understand and operate effectively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Minimum of 10+ year’s relevant experience, with a significant amount of time working in unconventional resource development. Montney experience preferred
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering and a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation with APEGA is required.
- An enthusiastic individual with a very strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Come work with us!
If you are looking for meaningful new challenges and have a solutions-oriented attitude, we want to hear from you. Join Sinopec Canada for a workplace filled with diversity, rewarding work, and opportunities to develop new skills and grow your career.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter on the careers section of our website, www.sinopeccanada.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest.
Job Type: Full-time