|Date Posted||February 1, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Reservoir Engineer, reporting to the Production and Reservoir Team Lead to provide reservoir engineering input optimizing SAGD field performance. The successful candidate will also help develop strategies for future growth of AOC's Hangingstone asset.
This position is based in Calgary.
- Active participant in SAGD field optimization, providing reservoir engineering input into operation strategies
- Perform reservoir simulations in support of optimizing SAGD field performance and future development, and to enhance economic production and recovery from existing SAGD asset
- Integrate geoscience information into field performance optimization activities
- Generation of key input into field development plans including optimal well placement, spacing and configuration to maximize the economic performance of nearby development targets
- Preparation of technical documents and presentations, for technical staff and management.
- Technical review of the reservoir engineering aspects of geomechanical and geology modeling in thermal operations
- Site visitations that require up to a week stay may be periodically required as part of the technical role
- Minimum BSc. in Engineering and have good standing with APEGA with P.Eng., designation.
- 10 years of reservoir and/or production engineering experience with minimum of 5 years within SAGD.
- Experience in the simulation of thermal EOR processes using STARS.
- Knowledge of geomechanics in thermal operations
- Experience in working within a multidisciplinary team, with involvement making daily operational decisions
- Ability to create innovative solutions to enhance reservoir performance.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
We offer an exciting and entrepreneurial work environment and an array of projects in our portfolio.
Athabasca Oil Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.